Req ID: 41463
Location: Irvine, CA
Other location(s): Irvine (CA); Los Angeles (CA); San Antonio (TX)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: None
"I can be myself at work."
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We're working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
"I can influence my income."
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You'll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
"I can lead a full life."
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you're raising a family, you're passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we'll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we've transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate's ability to work remotely. "I can succeed as a Software Engineering Manager at Capital Group."
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
As a Software Engineering Manager, you create the vision for and oversee the execution of critical and highly scalable technology platforms. You will manage the design, build, maintain, and refine high-performance, scalable systems through your expertise in development, infrastructure, and product discussions from conception to completion of multiple initiatives. In addition, you will foster an environment of collaborative, growth-oriented, and agile technologists who imagine, develop, and launch solutions with transformative power.
From digital and cloud solutions to original and developing technology products and services, you will address challenges at their core. You have strong experience in building and managing applications with a focus on data management and data engineering, API/webservices development. You will manage a team of talented engineers that create products, services, and experiences that disrupt markets, generate value, and positively impact millions of lives. "I am the person Capital Group is looking for."
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- You have at least 12 years of software engineering/architecture experience with expertise in technologies such as Java, Spring Boot, ReactJS, Angular, HTML/CSS, Typescript, REST API services, the AWS cloud-native ecosystem, monitoring/instrumentation, and DevSecOps.
- You have strong experience in agile development methodologies and designing, building, and leveraging data platforms to enable critical business functions and insights.
- You have at least five years of people management experience acting as a player/coach in a leadership role.
- You're deeply invested in associate development and fostering a positive engineering team culture that embraces the growth mindset.
- You are optimistic, resourceful, easy to work with, and not afraid to speak up and share opinions.
- You have proven experience developing technology roadmaps and cultivating innovative technology solutions.
- You're a technical expert with strong business insight and the ability to communicate effectively with both product and business partners. You are a leader of software engineering best practices and can scale those practices across teams.
"I can apply in less than 4 minutes."
- You have extensive technology vendor management experience (management of offshore teams is a plus). You've led technology direction, guidance, and oversight of vendor solutions and integrations.
You've reviewed this job posting and you're ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn't what you're looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community."I can learn more about Capital Group."
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That's why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people's lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
#SONearest Major Market:
Irvine California Nearest Secondary Market:
Los Angeles Job Segment:
Developer, Social Media, Computer Science, Cloud, Java, Technology, Marketing