Req ID: 42564
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Other location(s): Seattle (WA)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: None
"I can be myself at work."
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We're working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
"I can influence my income."
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You'll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
"I can lead a full life."
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you're raising a family, you're passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we'll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we've transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate's ability to work remotely.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
Are you passionate about building quality processes and tooling at a company with a global footprint and nearly $2 trillion dollars of assets under management? Do you want to help millions of families reach their financial goals?
We build data services and applications our investment professionals leverage to enhance investment decisions and recommendations, ultimately to help our customers achieve their financial goals. We take pride in building modern quality centric scalable systems and services and are looking for a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to further drive the culture of quality within the organization.
A successful candidate will be a talented software tester who is excited to work with a team of top-notch developers to build out our end-to-end platform. In this role you will work closely with the software development teams, product teams, and our customers to deliver high quality, scalable systems. You will drive testing processes and ensure that released software is of high quality within an Agile/Scrum environment. You will be responsible for defining test processes, creating test plans, executing test cases, managing defects, and building automation through both the development and enhancement of test tooling. The ideal candidate gets excited about making certain the user experience is the best possible. Candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible, self-directed, and understand quality assurance procedures and methodologies. Responsibilities:
- Analyze requirements and code/specifications to effectively apply appropriate testing techniques ranging from risk-based, structured, exploratory, functional and non-functional techniques to develop a holistic test strategy ensuring comprehensive test coverage
- Leverage test case management and automation tooling to create, audit, execute and automate tests at the necessary layers (unit, API, UI, etc.)
- Engineer automated test data creation and testing paths where necessary
- Engage in the design review process with a particular focus on providing requirements and feedback to create more testable software
- Leverage defect management tooling to lead defect triage and resolution across teams
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure readiness of test environments and sign off of releases
- Develop mechanisms to gather metrics around software quality to enable effective, data driven decision making in regards to quality improvement
- Influence adoption of quality practices and techniques
- Proactively engage with development teams to help promote prevention of defects early in the project/development lifecycle
- Leads the adoption and usage of industry-standard and emergent quality processes and tools
- Proactively identify trends and makes recommendations that result in quality improvement
"I can apply in less than 4 minutes."
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant software testing and automation experience
- Experience with at least one modern programming language and knowledge of data stores including SQL and No-SQL
- Experience defining an effective quality assurance process
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and derive creative solutions to solve difficult problems
- Experience working in an agile software development environment, using software IDEs and source control management tools
- Hands on experience building and maintaining automated test scripts to test at the API integration, UI and database layers
- Experience with test management and defect management tooling for test design, reporting, automation and release management
- Driven to improve the software development and testing process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain close working relationships with distributed team members and business partners
You've reviewed this job posting and you're ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn't what you're looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community."I can learn more about Capital Group."
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That's why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people's lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
#SONearest Major Market:
Los Angeles Job Segment:
Social Media, Computer Science, Testing, SQL, Marketing, Technology, Research