Req ID: 41181
Location: Irvine, CA
Other location(s): Los Angeles (CA)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: a. Up to 25%
"I can be myself at work."
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We're working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
"I can influence my income."
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You'll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
"I can lead a full life."
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you're raising a family, you're passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we'll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we've transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate's ability to work remotely. "I can succeed as a Data Engineer at Capital Group."
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
As a Data Engineer with an agile mindset you will be helping our team to bring the power of investment data to people throughout CG. You will lead the design, implementation, and delivery of large-scale, critical, and complex data architecture, storage, and pipelines. You will drive recommendations on building enterprise distributed data processing systems and data lakes, optimizing both computational and storage efficiencies on cloud platforms.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the data delivery, cloud based big data solutions supporting structured and unstructured data, including streaming. You will partner with multiple teams across technology and the business to influence ways to solve problems, achieve business priorities, and provide leadership through innovation, critical thinking, collaboration and proactive risk management. Your data insights will drive business decisions that improve the lives of millions of people, every single day.
"I am the person Capital Group is looking for."
"I can apply in less than 4 minutes."
- You are excited by the meaning, structure, and content of data, in addition to building the mechanisms to make it available throughout the organization
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field and at least 5 years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, complex ETL, BI or related field.
- You write and optimize advanced SQL queries with large-scale, complex datasets
- You have technical knowledge of ETL/ELT technologies and a proven implementation track record leveraging complex SQL, ETL tools, API/file-based end points
- You have experience modeling data for data warehousing and data lakes
- You have an understanding of Big Data technology stack, including Hive, Hbase, Oozie, Airflow, MapReduce, and Spark, along with coding proficiency in at least one modern language such as: Python, R, Java
- You have strengths in leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills with the ability to continually learn new concepts and technologies and effectively apply them
- You coordinate technical efforts using incremental mindset/agile methodology
- You have some experience in cloud-first design, preferably AWS or Azure and corresponding services and components (data lake, MPP databases, autoscaling, container orchestration, etc.)
- Your background includes 2-3 years' experience in implementing big data solutions and automating enterprise scale data pipelines leveraging Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc.
- You've implemented big data processing technology like Hadoop, AWS Redshift, Microsoft MPP (SQL DW/Synapse), and Snowflake.
You've reviewed this job posting and you're ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn't what you're looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community."I can learn more about Capital Group."
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That's why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people's lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
#SONearest Major Market:
Irvine California Nearest Secondary Market:
Los Angeles Job Segment:
Database, Social Media, Computer Science, SQL, Java, Technology, Marketing