🧬 WHO YOU ARE
You are an A-Player. You’re curious about the world and love getting things done. You value a growth-mindset, and have worked hard to cultivate that in yourself. You cringe when you see buttons misaligned on screens or Comic Sans font. You can’t stop talking about how much Figma changed your life. Your heart and mind are constantly looking out for your products’ users. If you’re presented with something new / unfamiliar, you dive into problem-solving mode fearlessly. Your first instinct is to “figure it out” and you’re always ready to be scrappy. You are thoughtful, empathetic, and full of heart.
💼 WHAT YOU'LL OWN
You’ll be working on different client projects and be responsible for the execution of the product design. As you create designs, you’ll be working with lock-step with the account manager for your project. They will help direct strategy and be your point of contact for client updates.
You’ll be working on the full spectrum of product design: from sketches/wireframes to UI design. Creating app designs, developing UI styles, creating a component library, and designing onboarding screens are a few of the things you might do in your first couple weeks.
Someone who excels in this role will become a key stakeholder in Matcha Design Labs with the ability to select their projects, contribute to our design process, and inform design strategy.
We need someone who is excited to add value to amazing clients, learn a lot, work hard, and have fun. This person is willing to try on different roles, do what it takes, and switch gears quickly. We care about attention to detail (down to the pixel). But most of all, we care about communication + transparency. You embody the following team player proficiencies:
- Growth. You value growth. You always find ways to improve yourself and be the best version of yourself. Matcha Design Labs has fostered growth for all of its team members -- it’s basically a catalyst for You 2.0 (personally and professionally).
- Reliable. You do what you say you're going to do, when you say you're going to do it.
- Collaborative. You share feedback early and often.
- Creative & can contribute meaningful ideas.
- Knows when to turn on the left brain to analyze + make decisions.
- You’re not afraid to try something you’ve never done before or something that doesn’t fit perfectly in your wheelhouse (like doing a little copywriting or editing a screen)
- Leadership. You provide constructive feedback with love and grace and are constantly thinking of ways to help raise your teammates up.
- Inquisitive. You ask lots of questions before proposing solutions.
- Can part with your ego + take feedback. You are quick to admit to your mistakes and are willing to do what it takes to make it right.
- Cool, calm, and collected. You stay level-headed under pressure and deadlines. You’re not afraid to juggle many things at once.
💾 TECH PROFICIENCIES
- Expert Proficiency in Figma + Sketch.
- Expert Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expert Proficiency in Prototyping with InVision, Figma, Principle, or something similar.
- Familiar with: Google Drive, Loom, Toggl, Project Management Systems (like Asana, ClickUp, Trello, Notion).
- Bi-Weekly Virtual Team Happy Hours which often include fun virtual games, tarot card pulls, talking about life, exchanging book recs, and laughing a lot.
- Learning Labs Workshops + Training provided quarterly on areas of the team’s interest like: leading meetings, creative brainstorming, diversity & inclusivity, and more.
- Fully-Remote Team Culture. We are a borderless and global team. We love our freedom and the ability to work from anywhere!
- Must be able to work part-time (~10 hrs/wk to start)
- Must be available during US working hours.
- Must have 3+ years experience in Product / UX / UI design or some related field.
- Bonus: Has directly worked with clients before (in a consulting-type capacity).
- Must submit a resume.
- Must submit a design portfolio website.
💸 $$ & STUFF
Pay depends on experience. This is a contractor position.