San Francisco, CA or remote.
, we are on a mission to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose. Our product is a knowledge base, reimagined to be powerful enough for engineers and remain intuitive enough for the entire company. The founding team has previously started and sold a productivity company to Salesforce and we are backed by top-tier investors, including Matrix Partners, CRV, and NEA.
We strive to provide our customers with the best experience possible, both in the product and beyond. One way we do this is by delivering potential and current customers with high-quality engineering support. As the first-ever person in this role, you will help build out our engineering support function by working closely with our customers and our engineering team. There is tremendous potential for you to make an impact, shaping both your role and the company itself.
• Set up our new customers for success by maintaining our content migration tools
• Help our customers achieve their goals through mass data manipulation
• Improve our product quality by investigating and fixing product issues
• Provide technical advice to our most valuable customers directly
Sound like you?
• You have very strong technical problem-solving skills. You are a good listener, and you can distill true problems from customer descriptions. You can pinpoint the root cause with minimal customer involvement and provide reasonable workarounds after troubleshooting.
• You are deeply empathic for customer needs. You go for the extra mile when helping others. You can accurately answer their questions while setting the right expectations.
• You can accurately, safely, and effectively perform manual data operations and write scripts for automation. You are proficient with SQL.
• You are passionate and curious about Slab's product. You dig deep into the software you use and understand all functionalities it offers.
• You are organized, self-managed, and self-motivated. You thrive on prioritizing and executing with minimal oversight.
What We Value
• Stay lean - We strive for the greatest possible impact with the fewest number of employees. We empower our teammates with the most leveraged tools and efficient processes.
• Default to open - We encourage and nurture open exchanges of knowledge and ideas — while acting with respect and regard for each other.
• Think rigorously - We act and execute after careful thought and examination of known information, while acknowledging the risks we accept in its absence.
• Say no - We aim to deliver exceptionally high value in a small set of focus areas. We willingly abstain from good ideas to give only the most promising paths the attention they deserve.
• The best prevails - Whether an idea or an individual, the best will rise to the top at Slab. Ideas we pursue can come from anywhere, and individuals gain responsibilities due to outperformance.
• Global optimization - We believe that our mission — to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose — is the ultimate priority, above any single project, team, or individual.
Compensation and Benefits
• Flexible work arrangements
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• 7-year option exercise window
• $5k desk setup of your choice
Slab is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.