We are looking for an experienced devops / infrastructure engineer comfortable designing, developing, and maintaining AWS cloud infrastructure to for a SAAS business in the insurance tech space. As a 2 year old company we are still very actively evolving our infrastructure architecture and so the role requires a significant amount of architecture and collaboration with the engineering team (currently about 20 and rapidly growing).
- Guide and assist API and ML engineers developing in Go and Python to ensure we maintain a scalable and secure platform.
- Setup, support, and maintain cloud infrastructure
- Setup, support and maintain code management and CI/CD pipelines
- Implement monitoring and security best practices.
- Own the stability and automation of our deployment.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of the AWS stack, especially Serverless deployments (ECS, Lambdas, EKS)
- Proficient with Terraform.
- Advanced ability to craft clear and concise documentation
- Understanding of deployment orchestration using Docker, ECS, or Kubernetes.
- You have proficiency with shell scripting and one or more scripting / automation languages (e.g. Python, Ansible, etc.).
- Ability to design and manage CI / CD pipelines (e.g. GitHub Actions, AWS CodeBuild)
- Ability to work as part of a team but also focus and execute on your deliverables.
- Experience operating React, Go, and Postgres stacks.
- Experience building and running applications for enterprise regulated customers.
We have an office in San Francisco, but most of your teammates work remotely across the US and Netherlands. Pre-existing remote work experience would be a big plus. If you’d like to work remotely, please note that we’re only able to consider applicants in the US and Netherlands at this time.
Archipelago is a Silicon Valley start-up working to change how risk is insured. Our platform enables large real estate owners, managers, brokers & insurance carriers to efficiently map their portfolio, manage their risks, and underwrite them, through a mix of machine learning and human intelligence. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several rounds of VC funding, and currently employ around 100 people across the US & Europe.