Hagerty, an automotive lifestyle brand for people who love cars and love driving them, has an opportunity for an experienced software Product Manager. This is a full-time remote role on a permanently remote team. We hope you're the next great person to join our team!
The Product Manager is part of our leadership team providing tactical and strategic direction for our event technology products including MotorsportReg.com. Our platforms are used by 1,500 clubs, racetracks and sanctioning bodies on six continents to organize more than 8,000 events annually making it the largest automotive and motorsport event marketplace in the world. Our north star is enabling memorable hands-on-the-wheel experiences that keep car culture alive for future generations. We build product for passionate enthusiasts which is itself a perk of the job - our customers are fun to work for!
As Product Manager, you have a high-profile role inside Hagerty and in front of our customers as the person representing the user, gathering requirements, shaping and prioritizing the product and shepherding the execution. This role reports to the Managing Director of Hagerty Motorsports, Brian Ghidinelli, who reports to the Chief Digital Officer, Kelly Smith. You'll partner with our product designer and engineering manager to improve existing products and ideate greenfield opportunities for event organizers and attendees. Great empathy for enthusiasts pursuing their automotive passion must be matched by a great desire for ownership and accountability to results such as:
- Grow traffic, conversion, ARR, LTV
- Reduce churn, CAC
- Maintain high customer satisfaction
What you’ll do:
- Obsess over the user while balancing the firehose of qualitative feedback with data
- Define business case, roadmap and design of new and enhanced software products and features against company strategy
- Define what success looks like, establish metrics, measure and report results to guide future actions
- Write, whiteboard and wireframe artifacts that communicate the work being shaped
- Groom and prioritize a backlog with your engineering team and write acceptance criteria that enables understanding of complex concepts
- Liaise between sales, support, marketing, ops, management, and engineering
- Maintain quality of our product by holding everyone to a high standard
- Contribute to overall business strategy as part of leadership team
This might describe you:
- 4+ years in a Product Manager position
- A proven track record of shipping public-facing software, particularly SaaS
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces matching buyers and sellers
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking beyond the feature or epic level with artifacts to show the work
- Passion for getting out to events to observe and engage with users in their element, or previous experience with live events
- Is willing to say no, to throw away failed experiments, and to sunset unloved features
The primary focus of this role is to define and prioritize the most impactful work that our engineering team can ship, our sales team can sell, our success team can support, that our users love and choose not to churn.
We have deadlines but because we value work-life integration, we do not expect routine long hours. A well-rested and well-rounded top performer with ruthless focus will deliver substantially more than a team of burnouts sitting in front of a screen 50+ hours a week.
Whether you have 100 octane running through your veins or you've never stepped foot on a racetrack, every day you'll work with car aficionados and checkered-flag-waving enthusiasts. Be prepared for a lot of high-fives and hugs from passionate users who love us for helping them live out their automotive and motorsport passion.
What We Offer:
Every job has a benefit list, but the most compelling benefit is challenging work that will make you think hard, dig deep and give 100% alongside colleagues who care deeply about our users and one other. Plus:
- Competitive compensation
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 1500+ Hagerty team members across multiple countries, united by our values of open, direct, and kind collaboration
- Company supported and employee-driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust, and friendships
Hagerty is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hagerty is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Hagerty offers a progressive work environment along with a competitive wage/ benefit package.
To apply for this position please visit our Career site at careers.hagerty.com