***This role is open to candidates in the United States (US)
Who is Litmus?
We’re a tight-knit team that helps the world empower our customers to curate best-of-class email communication. Over the last 10+ years, we’ve built a reputation as one of the most trusted brands and thought-leaders in the industry—and it shines through to our customers. But don’t take our word for it, check out more about us here
Quality communication is imperative; we value this in both our personal and work lives here at Litmus. Our email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver quality, brand-aligned communications that delight our customers.
We work alongside some of the smartest people in our industry. We’re the change-agent for the most creative and supportive customers around. Litmus is championed by major global brands, including 9 of the Top 10 technology companies, 9 of the Top 10 U.S. banks, 10 of the Top 10 retailers, 9 of the Top 10 e-commerce brands, and 80% of the Fortune 100: How do we do this? We seek talent that is not a “culture fit,” rather a culture add.
What would I do at Litmus?
- Lead new-hire sales enablement and onboarding training programs
- Evolve and optimize the new-hire enablement program to support Litmus’ growth and go-to-market (GTM) plans
- Deliver new-hire live workshops, virtual sessions, and 1:1 sessions, focusing on best optimization of our software tools/resources as well as time management best practices
- Provide ongoing coaching for all sales team members on prospecting, discovery, lead qualification, and messaging best practices
- Partner with Marketing, People Operations, and Product teams to develop new enablement content, tools, and certification programs
- Partner with the Director of Sales Operations to ensure adoption and usage of our sales tools: Salesforce.com, Outreach, Gong, Datafox, and Zoominfo
- Contribute to shortening our new-hire’s ramp time and increase sales attainment level through iterative training and coaching
- Help the sales team build more quality pipeline to achieve sales revenue goals
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- 3 plus years’ experience training employees (in-person and/or virtually); prior sales experience in a software company is desirable but not required
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to influence behaviors and outcomes
- Passionate, you are invested in the success of our Sales team members
- General knowledge of sales effectiveness tools/software
- Strong organizational skills to manage competing projects with sometimes tight deadlines
- Exposure to sales methodologies including Sandler, MEDDIC, etc.
- Self-motivated, you proactively seek out new ways to optimize the training experience
- You have demonstrated a track record of success—both professionally and personally
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
Why should I choose Litmus?
- We offer everything you’d expect from a profitable company that’s been going strong for 10+ years, including a great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match
- You’ll receive 28 days of paid vacation—on top of team retreats and public holidays
- A platform for good: Affinity Groups, a culture of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and volunteer days—creating belonging for all is in our DNA both inside and outside of work #bebeyondlitmus
- Remote-friendly culture. No matter where you are, you’ll feel connected to the team
- Over half of our employees work remotely in the U.S. and UK and your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining (!), and engaging
- We take family seriously and offer flexible schedules and generous parental leave programs
- We give you the best tools and tech money can buy. Top-of-the-line hardware, software, home- and office setups—whatever you need to do your best work
Not sure if you meet all the requirements? Please apply! We know there is no job description that can measure a person’s attitude, aptitude, or amplitude (the ability to turn it up a notch) and highly encourage you to apply.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing—celebrating what makes each individual unique. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 700,000 marketers, you know you’re part of a winning team.
Litmus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.