The ideal candidate for this opening is someone who has been developing software professionally for at least 5 years and who has a strong passion for writing code that brings digital products to life. Developers who thrive at Differential place equal emphasis between efficiency and approachability. They flourish in a continuous-delivery process where collaboration and ego-free communication is valued. They can engage in product thinking as a team and with cross-functionality among product managers, designers, and our client partners.
We are focused on finding people with whom we enjoy working. Culture isn’t a ping-pong table in the breakroom or some words we put up on the wall. It’s embedded in our DNA and starts with who and how we hire. We want to consider passionate people who can work on a team for this position.
What we’re after:
- Passion for the whole product process: we know you will have your specific areas of focus, but we find that people who are passionate about the bigger picture collaborate best on our cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to rely on an iterative process to maintain momentum on projects: our work is never going to be perfect, and we expect you to be able to prioritize what matters most in order to consistently and efficiently iterate and continuously deliver valuable working software
- Familiarity with modern development tools, libraries, and frameworks: most of our team uses React, React Native, Redux, Node, GraphQL, GitHub, VS Code, CircleCI, Jest, etc.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Gaining an understanding of who the users are, what their problems are, and why those problems exist
- Putting the user — and their problems/needs — first in order to create and drive empathy for the solution you’re building
- Translating a well-designed solution of sketches, wireframes, or high-fidelity mockups into fully functioning immersive web and mobile experiences
- Working closely with a team of designers and developers
- Maintaining development workflow with Github
- Effectively communicating via Basecamp, Slack, and video calls
- Executing with quality and speed in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Incorporating feedback into your work
- Delivering tested, maintainable, and documented software
What you can expect to do:
- Work on cross-functional product teams focused on innovative digital products
- Work iteratively, collaboratively, and calmly in focused six-week Cycles
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and soft skills
You can expect work with people who:
- Communicate effectively with clients and teammates
- Are self-motivated
- Learn quickly and relentlessly
- Are curious about technology and the impact it can make on the world
- Enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for their work
- Enjoy collaborating with others on solving meaningful problems
Candidates must be based in the United States and be available during standard business hours for both client and team meetings. Specific times vary based on client-specific timezone preferences. There is flexibility in working hours, but there is an expectation to be able to regularly attend client and team meetings.