At Figment, our mission is to create an Internet that is truly decentralized where users can freely interact, share, collaborate, and exchange goods and services in a trustless environment. We offer staking, middleware, and application layer solutions for token holders and developers investing in and building on Web 3 technologies. Together, we can build a better Internet.
About The Role
You'll be joining the newly formed Internal Tools team within Figment as team member #2. Internal Tools is responsible for building solutions that help the company move faster and more safely across a wide portfolio of DeFi products, and those solutions can range from bespoke CLIs that integrate with our central dashboard Anjin, to providing new tactical APIs and microservices or working on Anjin itself to add new features and processes. Since our 'customer' is the company itself, we can work very quickly and closely with key stakeholders to make large impact software projects. The role is open to anyone living in the North American PST/EST timezones.
- You'll have a strong Ruby background, someone who is equally comfortable in working in either Rails or pure Ruby.
- You'll be an excellent self-starter, with a keen analytical approach and a pragmatic eye for making decisions that keep things moving forward. Since you'll be an extremely early hire in the team, you'll have a lot of latitude in helping establish the team culture and style.
- You'll own complete projects end-to-end, and be expected to identify and initiate new projects that can help the team's mission and goals as needed.
- You'll report directly to the Internal Tools Team Lead, and work closely with other development teams within the company.
- You'll need a strong and clear ability to communicate in writing, as we're a strongly async company.
- You are a great Engineer, but you're not someone who looks to overengineer as a first instinct. You'll need to be pragmatic and able to resist bike-shedding on aspects that won't alter the needle much. You strive for simplicity and maintainability.
- You'll be working remotely within the PST and EST time zones.
- Developing maintainable software projects that are logical and well tested.
- Build new applications and services to support our product lines and internal tools to help us move faster.
- Maintain a high level of code quality and testing.
- Identify and implement solutions that can make our own team move faster, reduce toil and undifferentiated heavy lifting.
What you could be working on
- Our initial need will be to build out an internal company CLI framework for Internal Tools that will allow operations on many different crypto networks to be automated, simplified and unified, and in turn work with Anjin to perform auditing, logging and so on. You'll be responsible for getting this project off the ground and running with it.
- We have network payout procedures that need automating and streamlining. You would be expected to propose a solution, discuss it, then run with the full implementation.
- The Internal Tools main app, Anjin, always needs additional features and expansions. This is a cutting edge Rails 6 app, using View Components, Tailwind, Stimulus.js, Hotwire and Docker, all deployed daily to an internal Kubernetes cluster on AWS.
- Minimum 4 years commercial / professional experience with Ruby / Rails.
- Experience building scalable backend systems software. Bonus points if you've built CLIs in Ruby before.
- Good understanding of Software Engineering patterns and best practices.
- Good written and spoken English communication skills are essential for this role.
Bonus Role Requirements
- Previously worked for more than 1-2 years in a 100% remote position.
- Experience with development on a cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Experience with crypto itself, such as Ethereum, Bitcoin.
- A working knowledge of Blockchain technologies.
Benefits & Impact
- Series B stage startup where you’ll make a true impact on the product, customers, team and the larger blockchain/crypto space
- A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a “non corporate environment”
- Remote first teams working flexible hours
- One of first 100 employees; opportunity to grow as we grow.
- Equity and bonus potential