We are scaling the product & technology organization with additional teams within our Music and Core Experience domains. We want to accommodate carrying, driven and motivated individuals who want to be part of bringing our teams to the next level.
The Music domain is all about our music and music creators. We provide the tools and infrastructure to ingest, package and distribute all of our music assets to wherever it needs to go. Currently focusing on:
- Making sure the music catalogue is well structured and bursting with accurate data
- Making life easier for our Music Curators who package our tracks into playlists and albums
- Creating a world-class partner experience for our Music Creators (composers and artists)
The Core Experience domain is all about how storytellers (our users) interact with and experience our product. At the intersection of the great music from our music creators, and its path to soundtrack the content of our storytellers, we create a world class user experience. Currently focusing on:
- Personalization and recommendations
- Building great tools for search, organization and collaboration
- Seamless UX for different user categories on all devices and operating systems
Your main responsibility is to make sure the team is motivated, engaged and high-performing. You support the individuals in the team and ensure everyone is connected to the goals and efforts of the company.
As an engineering manager at Epidemic Sound, you are an integral part of the team's leadership that ultimately is responsible for the team reaching its goals.
You can expect to:
- empower the team to solve the problems of our users and stakeholders by understanding their needs and coming up with solutions
- develop people through coaching and mentoring. Conduct regular 1:1s, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health, and support them in their growth
- continuously work to improve inclusion and belonging in your team and within our organization
- make sure that there is a high level of teamwork, transparency, and efficiency in collaboration with other teams
- in close collaboration with a product manager and the rest of the team, drive the team’s goal-setting process and pave the way for the team hitting their goals
- advocate and advance effective software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering, process, and organizational practices
- work with and contribute to the rest of the engineering management group on our policies and long-term goals
What are we looking for?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- put people and team first, understanding how that is the foundation for everything we do
- are technical but you prefer to lean on your leadership and facilitation skills to drive technical decision making
- thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- are excited about collaborating with teammates across the organization, from people within product and tech, music, business, marketing, sales and so on
- are action-oriented and enjoy continuously working on improvement within your team
- anticipate and address issues with communication, performance, interpersonal dynamics, and unclear ownership
- communicate with empathy and precision
- promote transparency, facilitate information flow and align your team with the organization’s goals
- are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind
- love teamwork
- speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm reporting to one of our Directors of Engineering.