This job is 100% remote - work from anywhere in the world.
Phaidra is looking for a driven Senior Frontend Engineer to lead our frontend development efforts and build our web based self-serve product for industrial users. You are passionate about all things frontend. You live to deliver exceptional user experiences in the smallest possible download sizes. You demonstrate an exemplary level of ownership and no problem is below you. You lead the team from the front, establish best practices and insist on the highest standards.
The ideal candidate has prior experience leading frontend engineering teams. At Phaidra, you will:
- Lead the frontend development efforts.
- Set the foundational layer of the frontend code base. Build modular UI components and front-end libraries that other developers can easily leverage.
- Set the team standards and mentor junior frontend engineers. Participate regularly in code reviews with peers and help develop a strong engineering culture around you.
- Help create project estimates, define scope requirements, structure projects, develop coding standards, methodology and repeatable processes
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers and provide insights from a frontend engineering perspective.
- Convert designs and wire frames into high-quality pixel-perfect UI.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Solution Architects to intimately understand user requirements.
- Collaborate with Backend Engineers to incorporate APIs.
- Maintain high level of code and architecture documentation.
- Take part in the engineering hiring process.
- 6+ years of work experience.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in CSS3 (preferably with a pre-processing framework like SASS) & HTML5.
- Experience using RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with modern front-end build tools and pipelines.
- Knowledge of best-practices and architectural patterns for modern front-end applications.
- Knowledge of User Experience and Visual Design concepts.
- Share our company values: curiosity, ownership, transparency & directness, outcome-based performance, and customer empathy.
- Multiple years of experience using an SPA framework.
- Prior experience as a Frontend Tech Lead building B2B enterprise Saas products.
- Multiple instances of leading and owning projects from beginning to end.
- Strong critical thinking skills, great communication skills, and passion for delivering exceptional customer experience.
- Frontend - You get to define this
- Backend - Python, Flask
- GitlabCI & ArgoCD
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, GCP
- REST, GraphQL & gRPC APIs
Benefits & Perks
- Fast-paced and team-oriented environment where you will be instrumental in the direction of the company.
- Phaidra is a 100% remote company - work from anywhere!
- Competitive compensation & early equity.
- Outsized responsibilities & professional development.
- Training is foundational; functional, customer immersion, and development training.
- Medical / Dental / Vision (based on region).
- We cover 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums.
On being Remote
We are thoughtful about remote collaboration. We look to the pioneers - like Gitlab - for inspiration and best practices to create a stellar remote work environment. We have a documentation first culture and actively practice asynchronous communication in everything we do. We are deliberate about documenting and living our values - of which accessibility, transparency, and agility are key. Our team stays connected through tools like Slack and Video Chat. We meet daily and have dedicated all-hands meetings to build strong relationships. We hold virtual team building events - and even hold virtual socials to watch rocket launches! We will have in-person All-Hands meetings twice a year once travel opens back up too.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Phaidra is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Phaidra is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.