is a young, forward-thinking agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers 40% of the internet and we support its product and service economy with digital marketing.
We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies who sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, and product businesses who sell functionality to WordPress users. We help our clients reach millions of users and are helping make the web more powerful and easier to use.
Between us, we have the in-house skills to create marketing strategy and implementation for some of the best WordPress businesses in the market.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work.
We each bring our own strengths and the independence to shape our agency as it grows quickly. It’s an exciting time to join us :)
As our new Senior Sales Administrator, you’ll be responsible for our full inbound sales process, including taking sales calls with clients. You’ll be the first point of contact for inbound leads, and this is an excellent opportunity to own our sales process and have a real impact on a growing small business.
This position can be broken down:
- 50% responding to enquiries, taking sales calls, and understanding prospects’ needs
- 25% internal communication to understand capacity, and writing proposals
- 25% sales administration and reporting
Your main responsibility will be to own the full inbound sales process, from responding to inbound enquiries to closing deals.
Ellipsis’ positioning as a marketing agency for WordPress businesses creates strong inbound demand. You’ll have the opportunity to help these leads understand how Ellipsis can help them, and bring good-fit leads into the business. Our work has a real, rewarding impact on clients’ businesses, and you’ll start that journey with them.
This role will require close collaboration with the client services team to understand leads’ needs, our capacity, and the work to be proposed. You will not be responsible for getting leads or our marketing, but you will need to pass the valuable feedback you receive from leads through to the rest of the team.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Communicate closely with Operations/Marketing/Strategy teams to share knowledge, create sales materials and develop sales KPIs
- Gain a deep understanding of Ellipsis’ sales criteria, and develop a process to qualify leads accordingly
- Respond to initial inbound enquiries via email, and arrange calls
- Take sales and discovery calls with potential clients. You'll be the first person at Ellipsis leads speak to, with these conducted over video calls. We currently have ~4 of these per week
- Understand leads' needs and how Ellipsis can help. We use the Consultative Sales process, and our sales are driven from understanding needs. This will require a deep understanding of what we can do, the WordPress ecosystem, and your liaison with relevant team members to see specifically how we can help each lead
- Write proposals based on our templates. This will require confirming specification and availability internally, and then creating a bespoke proposal for the lead based on our templates
- Follow-up and close deals via email
- Keep our CRM constantly updated, and report weekly
- Follow and improve our sales process
This is a part-time, remote role with flexible hours of 20 hours/week. You’ll need to spread those hours across the week, in order to respond to enquiries within one working day. Most of our leads are located in the US or EU, so you’ll need availability to meet with clients across timezones.
This is our first sales role. Currently, sales work is done by our Managing Director. You’ll be working closely with him to start with to get a deep understanding of the business and our services, and you’ll then start taking over and owning the full process
For this role, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent sales administration: You’ll be responsible for our sales process. You need to be extremely skilled at the constituent parts, from responding to initial enquiries, to sales calls, creating proposals, and closing.
- Consultative sales: You’ll need to rapidly understand leads’ needs, and educate on how Ellipsis can help. You’ll need to absorb information so you have a deep understanding of the WordPress industry, marketing strategy, and how Ellipsis can help leads.
- Remote sales: Our sales process is fully-remote. You’ll need to strike a rapport with leads over video calls, and communicate clearly and persuasively through written emails and proposals.Process-driven reliability: You’re comfortable working within a team and well-established workflow processes, understand how to get the best out of team members and can quickly find solutions to problems when they arise
Requirements: hard skills
- 3+ years experience in sales, including experience selling remotely in the SaaS, marketing, and/or agency spaces
- Expert-level consultative sales
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent project management
- Experience working remotely full time
- Partial overlap with UK and US working hours (GMT and US Eastern)
- Some knowledge of SEO, CRO and marketing methodology
Requirements: soft skills
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly and easily
- High level of self-awareness, a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with leads and clients on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks and the CRM, and totally reliable
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative and see projects through to completion
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in a remote-work environment
- Digital marketing agency experience
- Knowledge of the WordPress product industry
- Familiarity with remote project management tools, e.g. Basecamp
- Knowledge of B Corp ethical business principles
Compensation and benefits:
- This is a part-time, 100% remote role. Work from home, or the beach!
- Competitive salary with pension, benchmarked and based on experience. We expect this to be the full-time equivalent of £30k-£40k/year (USD$41-55k). This role is salary-only, with no commission
- This is a part-time role, but you’ll be a full member of the team – you’ll join in our team meetings, in-person team meetups, and help shape the future of the business
- Pro-rata of 28 days of paid holiday
- Regular team retreats (in fun places! ~2 per year)
- Attend conferences in Europe (1-2 per year)
- Plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity/paternity leave, sick pay, and health benefits
- Sustainable business: we are aiming to become a B Corp by 2022
Ellipsis is a UK company, and our team is currently based in Europe. We are, however, keen to hear from US-based candidates for this role.
The application process:
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. You’ll be required to attend at least two interviews (by video call) and carry out a (paid) freelance project with us before we make an employment offer.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make your application stand out. Please pay special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply :)
How to apply:
Please apply through the form linked below. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you! Taking the time to research the role, what we do
, and what you can do for us will increase your chance of success. Your cover letter is where you have the space to do this.
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
We will then interview some candidates and notify everyone, whether we're proceeding or not. Expect to hear from us after applications have closed!
Applications close at the end of the day, 26th September 2021.