Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Manager, Enterprise Architecture
As an Enterprise Architect at Capital One, you will be working with software engineering teams guiding architecture of banking products; owning and facilitating architecture development; reviewing architecture; providing feedback on application designs; providing input on company-wide initiatives; embedding in engineering teams to jump start complex projects; and helping raise the talent bar by recruiting and hiring top engineering talent. You will also work with product owners to articulate benefits of proposed solutions; influence technical roadmap of enterprise platforms; and help business prioritize work. If this sounds exciting, the Enterprise Architect role could be for you!
The primary function of the architect role is to provide business, application and technology consulting and leadership for the corporate solutions IT portfolio. The architect will review and approve project level architectures and designs for IT projects, and will create these artifacts as needed on large, complex initiatives. The architect is also a valuable business consultant; he/she conducts analysis of business processes and technologies to determine and validate the stated and unstated needs of the business unit and enterprise. In addition, we expect the architect to mentor the technical leads and developers on the delivery teams.
- Define strategy level architectures (business domain target and capability architectures),
- Provide business, data, application and technology consulting in pre-feasibility and feasibility discussions with IT team members and business partners,
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the IT teams for project level architectures and design work,
- Lead the technical review component of vendor software package evaluation projects,
- Act as a liaison with other architects (security, infrastructure, data, etc.). and with delivery teams working primarily in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) manner
- Influence at multiple levels on highly technical issues and challenges
- Translate requirements into functional service designs and create service models along with supporting documentation (activity and sequence diagrams).
- Identify opportunities to reuse enterprise technology services
- Ensure that service designs adhere to standards, principles and governance processes.
- Work with enterprise architecture team to ensure solutions are aligned to target.
- Provide service designs deliverables which can be estimated by the appropriate implementation teams.
- Ensure designs and patterns are adhered to in the delivery channels.
- Utilize SOA methodologies and conform to SOA governance standards to create SOA architecture
- Perform peer reviews of designs and solution proposals to ensure conformance to current practice and quality of work being generated.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in systems architecture
- At least 2 years experience with formal people leadership
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- 3+ years experience in design and development of Service Oriented Architectural solutions
- 3+ years experience with formal people leadership
- Enterprise application integration or middleware delivery experience
- Designed and implemented an Application Architecture using SOA Principles
- Ability to define, structure and plan work independently
- Cross functional relationship building skills
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.