Blockchain Transmission Protocol is a standard built on ICON network that aims to connect blockchains via a decentralized network of relays. ICON network itself is a growing ecosystem of community DApps and cross-chain adoption.
Web3 Labs has partnered up with ICON foundation to build integrations with Binance Smart Chain, and launch a new Polkadot Substrate to connect with the ICON network to scale the BTP ecosystem.
As a senior blockchain engineer, you will design, develop and deploy the Substrate network and relay system for the ICON network. The network operation and deployment pipeline is a key part of this project. You will also contribute to protocol design and lead technical partnership with the ICON protocol team.
- Java, Rust, or Golang developer - 5 years
- Experience with peer-to-peer and distributed systems - 5 years
- Experience with Smart Contracts and Solidity - 2 years
- Experience with Web3 libraries (ethers.js, truffle, web3js) - 2 years
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD practices - 5 years
- Experience with Git (Github, Bitbucket, or similar) - 5 years
- Knowledge of inner working of EVM or other blockchains
- Ability to work with an agile and remote team - 5 years
Make yourself stand out!
- Hands-on experience with Polkadot and Substrate framework
- Comfortable with polyglot tech environment
- Contributed to open source development (Github profile)
- Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of RLP or similar serialization and encoding schemes
At Web3 Labs, we pride ourselves on having an awesome culture. Don’t just take our word for it, here’s what our staff say:
“We have exposure to books and conferences. It's a cherished culture because blockchain is an area that continues to develop and so we need to keep up with all current developments.”
“ It’s an easy going environment - easy to explore solutions independently and easy to speak out and share views. I have autonomy and receive constructive feedback in a positive atmosphere.”
“ My job is extremely interesting. I’m surrounded by talented developers who focus on developing clean code and providing good solutions - it’s a true professional culture.”
We want to provide the optimal environment for our staff to work at their very best and understand that we also need to support their own personal needs. That’s why we provide flexibility on working days or hours to fit in with family commitments. We know that life has been pretty challenging for everyone lately and now our company works completely remotely. When life returns ‘normal’ we will meet up in person from time to time and continue to have our amazing team events when possible.
We want our staff to grow their own profile through the company too. We are supportive of OSS work and love it when our staff present at conferences and meetups like Devcon and ConsesSys’ Quorum Webinars. Of course, we sponsor our staff to attend and share their expertise at these events.
As we said above, since COVID-19 we've become a fully remote team. We’re happy to work with people based anywhere in a timezone that overlaps significantly with the UK (Europe, Africa).
Learn more about us!
Our social media presence is ever growing - you can find out more about us here: