Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world
, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
With the launch of our new Tyk Cloud platform we’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to manage, maintain, improve and provide support on our new platform. You will be curious by nature, always looking for ways to improve, as we will look to you for new ideas, solutions and metrics on how we can improve the platform. You will also be our first line of incident management to our clients and will help define our response going forward. This is a great opportunity to become an integral part of Tyk Cloud as we continue on our journey.
As a remote first company, you will have the opportunity to work with an industry leading distributed team. Having access to expertise from across the globe will give you both the support and opportunity to help shape not only Tyk’s Cloud platform but also the Tyk as a whole as we continue to grow.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Maintaining global Tyk Cloud within SLOs you will help to define
- Identifying reliability issues and working together with your squad to solve them
- Identifying and introducing new metrics and building relevant dashboards
- Responding to reliability incidents
- Working with your squad to expand multi-region and multi-cloud reach of the platform
- Documenting operational knowledge
- Conducting post-incident analysis
- Automating common tasks
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Launching and operating production Kubernetes clusters
- Designing and operating infrastructure on AWS
- Operating MongoDB (or other document database) clusters
- Operating Redis (or other key-value storage) clusters
- Administering Linux servers
- Maintaining distributed software
- Operating Prometheus and Grafana
- Operating ELK stack
- Grasp of networking concepts (subnets, routing, peering, load balancing, NAT, etc.)
- Common networking protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, UDP)
- Engineering highly-available globally-distributed systems
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with GCP and Azure
- Bare metal infrastructure engineering
- API management experience
- Large scale distributed storage management
- Familiarity with Rancher
- AWS EKS
- Creating and delivering production software in Go language
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.