Call it what you want, Platform.sh isn’t your typical SaaS company, and this isn’t your typical sales role. We’re a 100% distributed organization, focused on redefining how organizations build and run web applications at scale. We help our customers bypass all the complexity and cost of infrastructure and DevOps, and enable them to focus on creating incredible experiences for their customers with software. Platform.sh counts everyone from Fortune-50 enterprises to scrappy SaaS entrepreneurs as clients, and we’re looking for curious, customer-focused individuals to help us find and win more.
How do we win? By making it easy to work with us. By making it easy to buy. By understanding our customers' business and challenges. We’ll expect you to dive in and learn, and be on a daily mission to help our prospects choose Platform.sh.
This role will report to the marketing organization, working in close collaboration with the Global BDR Manager. You’ll also work closely with our distributed sales team.
In a given day you might:
- Interact with inbound prospects through conversational channels to engage and qualify them for further sales engagement, or to optimize self-service flow.
- Target and penetrate ABM target accounts utilizing outbound prospecting skills - research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to drive demand.
- Handle and overcome prospect objections.
- Work with sales and marketing leaders to develop and refine messaging and tactics.
- Wrangle spreadsheets, LinkedIn, and CRM data to figure out strategies to connect with buyers 1:1. This job is about working smarter, not just “hitting your dials.
- Curiosity! You must be driven to learn about our customers, their businesses, technology (ours and theirs), and B2B sales.
- Communication. Being a distributed company, we don’t have the benefit of walking around to see one another, so proactive communication is a must. We’ll expect you to both give constructive feedback and ask for help when you need it.
- Organization. Data is our lifeblood. We need to be great at collecting and organizing prospect and customer feedback to tune our sales/marketing process and product, and feed our customer acquisition. We use Drift, Marketo, and Salesforce primarily. Knowledge of or ability to learn is key!
- Comfort with pace and uncertainty. We’re moving fast, growing quickly, and figuring some things out. We don’t bullshit, and we support each other. You need to be comfortable with helping to figure things out along the way.
- Goal orientation. This is a sales and marketing role after all. We’re all about developing qualified leads and pushing the business forward.
- You’re inquisitive and analytical with at least 2 years of professional experience.
- Want to work in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with a globally distributed [and rapidly scaling] team.
- You care more about learning and pushing yourself than ping pong, snacks, and kegerators.
- You are based in the US.