At QoD, we develop the next generation of chemical simulations based on quantum simulations and artificial intelligence. Our technology enables our customers in chemical and pharmaceutical industries to develop new high-performance materials and novel drugs faster, more efficiently, and more sustainably than ever before.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As we are starting on some major product improvements, we are looking for an experienced backend developer to join our team. Your job will be to expand the scope of what's possible with our product.
- The role is permanent and (up to) full time with flexible hours.
- Our office is in Berlin. Some of us work remotely, some prefer the office, and some do both.
- You will work in close collaboration with our frontend and computational chemistry team and translate between their different needs
- You are responsible for the development of our backend (currently in Python) including software architecture, API design (OpenAPI / connexion) and data handling
- We're open to varying levels of experience, +3 years as a backend developer is a plus
- You will have the freedom to develop new features and find ways to improve the product
YOUR TYPICAL TASKS
In your daily work, your main task is to closely collaborate with our frontend and backend teams and put their and our customer needs into code.
- You develop, maintain, and document our RESTful API
- You will be in charge of our data management and streaming
- You write and review Pull Requests (GitLab)
- You deploy code with our CI/CD pipeline to production on a regular basis
We are looking for someone self-motivated and pragmatic, who wants to help us to fulfill our mission to accelerate and improve chemical and pharmaceutical R&D.
- You are a good communicator, and you enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team
- You are comfortable with a versatile tech stack
- You know the fundamentals of the web and how to build HTTP APIs
- You have built or maintained a complex backend system before
- You are confident in writing tests for a growing and changing system.
You might not tick all the boxes and that’s ok, apply anyways! Even though we have clearly defined roles, we are an early-stage startup and there are so many things to do that every team member can define the own role to a certain extent.
Change the way scientists develop novel drugs and new materials – with our software we help them to create a sustainable and more healthy future.
- Shape your own role and take responsibility
- Plenty of room for your ideas and your own initiative
- A competitive salary based on your experiences
- A good work-life balance
- Flexible working hours & home office flexibility
- Educational & personal development budget
- Work equipment of your choice
- Apply for this position via our career page including your CV, a short cover letter, and ideally highlighted projects you’d like us to know about.
- You will hear back from us within 7 days.
- If we see a fit, you will have a first 30-minute call with Stefan, where he will answer your questions about our company, learn about you and your experiences.
- In a second meeting we will do a technical skill analysis (30-45 min) with two of our software developers, where we will dig into your technical skill set.
- The third step is a coding challenge (~2h) with a real-world example
- Lastly, we’ll extend an offer or decline.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you need reasonable accommodation, let us know in your application.
QoD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or genetic information.