At Scaffold Digital, we believe that digital solutions, delivered well, can make a huge difference to businesses and organisations. Therefore, our team believe in thinking outside the box to challenge the norm when we set out to work with a client to digitally transform their offering. If you are passionate about delivering digital solutions, love a challenge and believe in going the extra mile – we would love to hear from you. We are trusted, we are progressive, we are collaborative… We are Scaffold.
We have delivered hundreds of solutions since 2008 and have grown from offering web design solutions into offering bespoke software and mobile applications. This growth has allowed us to expand our team over the years, investing in software lifecycle processes and improving how we deliver problem solving solutions to our wide variety of clients.
At this stage we are looking for a developer to join our team to increase our capacity whilst delivering effective solutions for clients, working to specifications & timelines, helping us achieve our vision by building digital solutions that make a difference to the businesses & organisations we work with. We are a small company but we have big plans and want great people to help us bring them to life, and you’ll get the chance to work on a wide variety of interesting customer problems and learn new skills.
Are you a problem solver? Would you like to work with a team who are collaborative? Are you passionate about developing solutions that empower businesses? If so, this is a role that will allow you to be part of a strong and well-established development team and we would love to hear from you.
What does the job involve?
Develop high quality solutions on time and on budget.
- Deliver solutions across a variety of languages and frameworks
- Work to timescales, specifications & budgets
How we measure that:
- Performance against timelines & budgets
- Quality of code
Who you’ll work with:
As a member of the development team you will:
- Report to the Head of Development
- Work closely with the Project Manager
What you must do:
- Live and uphold the company values
- Track time on projects
- Report against performance indicators
- Love writing elegant and effective code
- Enjoy getting stuck into and solving customer problems
Typical job activities:
- Web application development using the LAMP stack, often using Laravel
- Use of version control
- Working with APIs
- Customer support
What type of person are we looking for?
Fit our brand personality:
- Good sense of humour
- Friendly, positive and easy-going
- You will care about delivering quality solutions
- Trustworthy – If you make a mistake, you’re the first to admit it.
- Progressive – You’re always learning and curious about different ways to approach a problem.
- Collaborative – You will be keen to work with and help others as part of a close-knit team.
Be an excellent communicator:
- Have good literacy
- Be able to explain complex scenarios in a straightforward and simple manner.
Have a desire to learn and grow:
- You should be willing to work in a variety of languages and can get up-to-side in new languages effectively.
- You should be open to learning new technologies or getting involved in projects that are challenging.
Have excellent problem-solving skills:
- You approach problem solving methodically and pragmatically.
The benefits of joining our team
- Salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Flexible working hours based on a 37.5 hour week.
- Opportunities to learn and advance your skills with a team of like-minded people.