caresyntax® Inc., together with its global medical device integration solutions arm, maintains a worldwide installed base of nearly 7,000 operating rooms, supporting over 10 million procedures per year. And this is just the beginning - we're growing fast!
Headquartered in Boston and Berlin, with over 100 employees from more than 33 different nationalities, we seek highly-motivated and passionate individuals to join us on our mission of improving surgical care.
Your work scope
- Design and implement robust software for use in critical healthcare situations.
- Development of desktop applications based on Java and Spring Boot
- Usage of JavaFx to create UI related elements
- Update UI appearance by means of css and fxml
- Implementation of interfaces to external devices such as video routers, audio matrices, and operating room devices such as lights and cameras
- Test coverage of implementations by means of JUnit, Mockito, Spock
- Development of IoT software components in Java, C#, and C++
- Implementation/maintenance of I/O service application for button and device integration and rule-based event processing
- Participating in an Agile, SCRUM-based software development lifecyle. Taking ownership of portions of this process, including occasionally leading daily standup meetings or retros.
- Design and implement software according to industry regulations (e.g. ISO, HIPAA, etc.) and internal company policies
- Mentoring of junior/new colleagues
- Familiar with agile/scrum development methodology
- 5+ years Java development experience
- Exposure to C# and/or C++
- Familiar with microservice design patterns
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Warm-hearted, flexible, and solution-oriented culture with open feedback culture
- Flexible working times, including part-time models, tandem positions, trust-based working times (where applicable)
- Room to introduce and implement creative ideas and develop your talents with technical training and individualised continued education
- Health benefits, such as eye tests, qi gong – we’re open for your ideas!
- Professional and intellectual knowledge exchange with highly-talented and ambitious colleagues from all over the world