Fractured Atlas, a national nonprofit art service organization with membership over 75,000 is seeking a full‐time Associate Director of Programs to ensure the growth and sustainability of our programs and services. This management-level position will partner with our existing Associate Director to oversee the day-to-day operations for our Programs (customer service) Team and will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
The successful candidate will be a team player and an excellent problem solver with a passion for managing people and operations, and assisting teams in working smarter, not harder. This position requires someone who is able to operate in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and collected. Candidates with a work history that includes service positions where they provided stellar service in high‐pressure, high‐volume environments will likely excel. Since the team works virtually, this position will require self-motivation and will operate under remote supervision.
Fractured Atlas believes in a ʺwork hard, live wellʺ environment. Our organizational culture embraces people who:
- Seek out challenging problems and relish opportunities to venture into unexplored territory.
- Are entrepreneurial and comfortable with high‐risk, high‐impact efforts.
- Are agile, creative problem solvers with an unsentimental focus on concrete results.
- Invest their time in quality work and giving others their respect and support.
Additionally, at Fractured Atlas, we are committed to anti-racism, anti-oppression principles
in all areas of our internal and external work. This commitment is grounded in our belief that change is possible, and that our work, and that of the artistic community more broadly, will grow stronger as oppression is eliminated. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Fractured Atlas by visiting work.fracturedatlas.org
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-manages the Fractured Atlas Programs team, including operations as well as employee relations
- Provides customer service quality assurance and shares feedback with frontline staff, identifying opportunities to improve team efficiency and developing plans to implement change;
- Handles escalated customer service interactions and other frontline customer service when required;
- Ensures Program Team-member compliance with Fractured Atlas internal financial accounting and general program and service policies;
- Enforces member compliance with fiscal sponsorship policies, including onboarding, fund disbursal, and audits as needed;
- Oversees the successful execution of cross-functional initiatives involving Fractured Atlas’s programs and services;
- Participates in and leads special projects, including but not limited to the development and implementation of new technical tools and systems;
- Other duties assigned as needed to support the team and our members.
- Experience managing diverse teams;
- Strong organizational and leadership skills;
- Self-motivated and hyper-organized with the ability to manage responsibilities independently.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully move forward multiple, concurrent projects effectively, take direction, and delegate when necessary;
- Deep understanding of fundraising, including individual giving, institutional funding, and crowdfunding;
- Must be comfortable working in a rapidly-changing environment and able to adapt to frequent changes and exchanges;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a meticulous attention to detail, and creative problem solving skills;
- Interest in the arts. You do not need to identify as an artist, however it is important to be able to relate to the needs and experiences of our members;
- Strong desire to work as part of a fun, creative, and entrepreneurial team;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, G-Suite, web-based software, CRMs or sales software, and arts administration is preferred;
- Significant customer service experience preferred;
- Understanding of fiscal sponsorship and/or experience working on a fiscal sponsorship team a plus;
This position is U.S.- based and 100% virtual (with post-COVID travel about 1-2 times per year). You can live nearly anywhere in the country but must be available to attend meetings during a 10 AM-6 PM EST window.
Salary is $72,850.00/year. Benefits include dental and medical insurance, flexible savings account, employer‐contributed 401K plan, commuter benefits, professional development allowance, ticket allowance, workplace supplies allowance, paid vacation and sick days, paid family leave, and a casual but hard‐working, friendly and supportive work environment.
To be considered for the position, please use the application portal to upload all the items below in one PDF-formatted file with your name as the filename. (Please address materials to Theresa Hubbard, Chief Operating Officer)
- A substantive and original cover letter including your interest in the position and Fractured Atlas, the date you are available to start, and why we can't live without you.
- A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. (References will not be contacted without your prior consent.)
- A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your educational and professional experience.
Incomplete submissions—including those failing to follow all directions—will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls please.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to review our websites www.fracturedatlas.org and work.fracturedatlas.org prior to submitting materials.OUR COMMITMENT
Fractured Atlas is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. (Read more about our Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression commitment
.) We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
September 3, 2021. Deadline for submission is Monday, September 20, 2021.