We are a company that builds products for people who love cars and love driving them. We are hiring a Senior Full-Stack Developer to work primarily with Node/VueJS to improve our platform and build greenfield experiences. Vroom vroom!
MotorsportReg.com is the best place to organize, find and attend auto, motorcycle or kart racing and motorsport events. We are like a turbocharged Eventbrite for clubs, racetracks and sanctioning bodies who host events requiring an engine: racing, track days, autocross, karting, drifting, motorcycles and rally.
This role is a full-time remote position on a long-time, fully-remote team open to anyone eligible for employment in the United States (citizen, green card, visa holder, etc). We hope you're the next great person to join our team!
Who We Are
We are a 21-person team supporting 1,400 organizations with our SaaS CRM, commerce and event management platform. With 7,000 events managed in our marketplace annually by our customers, our goal is to be the number one software platform for automotive and motorsport events.
The MotorsportReg.com team is part of Hagerty, the automotive lifestyle brand for people who not only love cars but love driving them. We can be a good fit for your career by offering challenging technical problems to solve, an inclusive and supportive work environment plus competitive compensation and benefits. We build product for passionate enthusiasts which is itself a perk of the job - our customers are fun to work for!
Who We’re Looking For
As a company, we have codified the values that we live by. We include them here to help you decide whether we have shared values and objectives:
- One Team Hagerty: We foster an environment of respect in which all voices are heard, and promote trusting relationships. We take the high road when we work together, we achieve more and win.
- Improve Every Day: We build the habit of improving every day and fostering a growth mindset. We listen, create time to learn and embrace positive change.
- Take Care of Each Other: At work and in our community, we are actively invested in the success of others. We build up and connect with those around us.
- Work with Purpose & Energy: Energy is a choice. With a clear vision and commitment to performance, we drive toward a common purpose.
- Enjoy the Ride: Cars, motorcycles, karts and motorsport are fun! We share the thrill of driving and car culture with our members.
You will be person #10 on our product/dev team and have significant responsibility for delivering quality software that customers depend upon to execute live events. These are skills and experience that will help us succeed together:
- Proven track record of regularly shipping quality, secure software using modern practices with automation like unit testing, continuous integration, development and deployment pipelines
- Able to take ownership from story to production. That includes surfacing impediments, communicating responsively, driving it to completion and supporting it post-deploy.
- Strong data modeling skills - the ability to visualize and design complex data relationships is essential in a domain with many moving parts
- Know the difference between prematurely optimizing and when performance is critical to a great user experience. Have a solid understanding of browser and mobile rendering behavior.
- Bonus: If you've been responsible for designing or building public APIs or writing mobile apps (native or otherwise), tell us about it.
- Lastly, you must believe in Customer over Team over Self. Results are generated outside of our company and we will bias towards creating the best customer experience possible.
We live on Slack and Zoom, use PostgreSQL, Redis, ActiveMQ, and Docker with Node/VueJS. We write tests. We practice code reviews. We deploy containers on AWS. We have daily huddles and one weekly all-hands. You'll have a weekly 1:1 with your manager to discuss your needs and goals.
Hagerty is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hagerty is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We have deadlines but because we value work-life integration, we do not expect routine long hours. A well-rested and well-rounded top performer with ruthless focus will deliver substantially more than a team of burnouts sitting in front of a screen 50+ hours a week.
What We Offer
- Competitive market-rate compensation
- Work from anywhere with 4 hours overlap with US/Central
- Medical, vision, dental coverage for you (and your family)
- 401(k) with up to 4% match
- PTO: 3 weeks per year (plus holidays which include your birthday!)
- Wellness reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time (16 hrs/year)
- New parent benefits and adoption assistance
- Travel (paid): two team get-togethers annually plus 2-4 on-site event visits annually
- Strong team and company culture - won't be "just a developer" on our team. Expect to challenge and be challenged directly.
- Access to Hagerty University to take automotive and other industry classes, including hands-on opportunities in the Hagerty Garage
- Complimentary membership in Hagerty Drivers Club, which includes the world's 3rd largest automotive magazine, roadside assistance and automotive discounts.
Whether you have 100 octane running through your veins or you've never stepped foot on a racetrack, every day you'll work with car aficionados and checkered-flag-waving enthusiasts. Be prepared for high-fives and hugs from passionate users who love us for helping them live out their automotive and motorsport passion.