We're a People Ops team of 6, and we're looking to add a full-time Technical Recruiter with solid experience in the blockchain industry, to help us source the best talent in this space. We work asynchronously, with a huge degree of independence over location and hours, and we truly define success in work done rather than time spent at a desk. As long as you're always on top of your priorities, communicate flawlessly in writing and have high expectations of candidates and of their experience with us, you can work from anywhere.
Working closely with product and research teams, our Co-Founders and your People Operations colleagues, you'll need to find top quality candidates that align with our values and are passionate about blockchain, cryptocurrency and open source software. It's not about hiring as many people as possible - it's about understanding who would make the best addition to the team. We're looking for a true partner that can understand the importance of talent density, and of saying no to a hire when it may not be the right fit.
90% of hiring is expected to be for technical roles, but you will also be asked to support some non-technical hiring.
Our new team member will:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process, from detailed, inclusive and attractive job descriptions to contract signature.
- Build up a steady pipeline of suitable candidates using all possible channels (including direct search).
- Manage multi-channel job ads and make sure our ATS (we use Greenhouse) is as always in perfect order.
- Support employer branding concepts and projects.
- Make sure every contact from candidates is handled timely, kindly and professionally.
- Work with hiring teams to define expectations and advise on future needs and team culture.
- Create an exceptional candidate experience from start to finish. Even when a candidate isn't the right fit, they will leave the process feeling valued and having learned more about Status.
- Find the best talent for Status - with exceptional technical skills as well as passion for our project and values.
- Continuously improve all aspects of the workflows and processes they're exposed to.
For this role, it's really important to bring:
- Extremely solid skills and experience in sourcing & headhunting.
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience of recruiting in-house, preferably in tech startups.
- Excellent communication skills in English. While we have occasional video chats and meetings, we're mostly async. We keep each other up to date and coordinate in writing (Discord).
- Shared passion for our principles & aims.
- Passion for crypto and blockchain technology.
- Most of the hiring teams are based within UTC +/- 5, so it's important to be located around, or very comfortable working unorthodox hours.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with open software projects.
- Experience with async communication and working remotely.
- Work with some of the most passionate & dedicated minds in the Ethereum space.
- We ask that you’re willing to be paid in a combination of fiat and cryptocurrency.
- We’ll reward you with a competitive base salary.
- We’ll also reward you with SNT (Status Network Tokens) to give you a real stake in the success of the organisation.
- A generous budget (€2000 Euros) to choose whichever laptop you prefer.
- We provide a small allowance (up to €250 Euros per month) to rent a co-working space.
- Work from wherever you choose. Our contributors are a varied bunch - some work from home, co-working space, a local cafe, others are digital nomads.
- We operate an open vacation policy, meaning there are no hard limits or strict rules around how much holiday you take and how you schedule it.
- We want our contributors to be healthy and take the time they need to relax and enjoy quality disconnected time away from work.
- We offer all contributors a Headspace subscription.
- Each team has a travel budget to attend conferences & team meet ups of their choice.
- Once per year the whole organisation gets together to connect (so far we’ve visited Istanbul, Bangkok, Prague to name a few).
Note: We don’t offer traditional benefits like medical/dental insurance - we’d rather pay you well and give you the freedom to select your own benefits, on your terms.
As a team, Status is completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 85+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.