As a full stack developer, you will work on the frontend as well as the backend side of our product and therefore will take full ownership over the features you are creating. After you develop a comprehensive understanding of the components of our product, you are given full responsibility to extend them and build on them in ways that makes our product more valuable, more reliable and better structured to ensure future maintainability.
Specifically, we have a frontend based on React and a backend written in Node.js. They interface with each other using GraphQL. We utilize TypeScript for the entire codebase to improve code quality and reliability. We write comprehensive integration tests using. Our infrastructure is based on AWS and Docker.
The most important part is not a specific tech stack, but traction, experience, and interest in building great products.
- At least 5 years of hands-on software engineering experience (after university - in real projects!)
- Substantial experience working with Node.js and the JS backend ecosystem, and ideally some experience with React
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with code refactoring
- Experience with writing integrations tests
- Experience with Docker and AWS
- Generalist mindset; eagerness to learn about new technologies and tackle unfamiliar problems
- Experience in agile product teams as a contributor
- Startup mindset and pragmatic, hands-on attitude
- Fluency in English and good communication skills
- Experience in startups
- You are very programmatic with a will to get stuff done
- Opportunity to join a promising startup with an informal, collaborative, transparent, honest, non-hierarchical, ego-free culture
- Remote work from where you want (as long as it is GMT+/-3)
- Great entry into the hot topic communities and DAOs (and also blockchain) with direct input to the founding team
- Opportunity to fundamentally influence a growing platform
- A front-row seat to learn how to grow a tech heavy startup
- Travels to Berlin to meet the team (and have some fun time) at least once a year
- Enough space for your own ideas
- Option to become a core team member including ESOP (we prefer to have our team as shareholders instead of VCs or banks..)
tchop™ is the first out-of-the-box platform that lets enterprises, publishers and content creators reach out to their most trusted users with their own branded app. An app that combines content and news with an engaged community.
Our solution empowers small teams as well as big enterprises to establish direct user relationships on a branded mobile platform, creating a central communication hub where user find all relevant content and where they are empowered like on a social network.
We are fully bootstrapped (we actually dislike VCs and what they often add to the company in terms of pressure), approaching 1mb ARR with clients all over the world! We’re small but fast growing, you’ll get to learn a lot working alongside incredibly talented and like minded people in a very open environment.
We're always looking for talented humans who are interested in building the future of content and community alongside us.
How to Apply
Apply now with your complete application documents, gladly also without a photo and without stating nationality, marital status, gender, religion or other potentially discriminatory characteristics.
Include this role's title in your subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails).
Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
At tchop, we are huge advocates for diversity and inclusion. From LGBTQ+ events to open discussions about eliminating bias, we highly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We also encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.
We are looking forward to meeting you!