Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to generate customer and market insights that inform TaxJar’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our tax products, sales enablement, and create and execute campaigns to drive product adoption. Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at TaxJar, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Partner teams, Sales, Design, and Communications to name a few. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, we work across the entire product lifecycle, from discovery to help shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.
You will help TaxJar expand our reach and offering to the community by becoming the expert on our audience, crafting compelling stories behind our product, drive strategies to reach product/market and business/market fit, and work closely with the product team to deliver a differentiated solution.
We are looking for an empathetic, curious, creative, analytical, and collaborative product marketer to join our fast-growing team.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from lead developers to CFO—and differentiate our product and solutions. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-driven. You like to dive into data in search of opportunities and areas for optimization across marketing tactics, product usage, onboarding journeys, and more.
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how and why things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand.
- Able to build emotional connections with your audience, helping to educate, entertain, and sell products that solve their challenges.
- A doer & Ambitious . You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- A master collaborator You build key relationships and are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects and work with our Analytics team for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning, etc.)
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product knowledge
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering—to develop and execute go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products
- Help enable user-facing teams —from Sales and User Operations to local teams in other countries
- Work with the Finance and Product teams to set pricing that aligns to the product value proposition and with our users’ success
- Partner with the Product and Growth Marketing teams to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 4-5 years of product marketing or go-to-market experience; preferred experience working in finance, tax, technology, infrastructure, or platform companies.
- Experience working on product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Experience in B2B marketing and working closely with product and sales teams is preferred
- Experience with integration by way of M&A is a plus
TaxJar is focused on solving the absurdly complicated challenges of sales tax for e-commerce businesses. We were recently acquired by Stripe to join them on their mission of growing the GDP of the internet. Stripe and TaxJar are a natural fit, both in terms of mission and culture. We are an inclusive team that values different perspectives. We set ambitious goals, and work together collaboratively -- not letting egos get in the way of great work. Stripe and TaxJar are full of people who love a challenge, and never stop being curious and growing. We look forward to learning what you could bring to our team!