In a world of beeps and clicks, Smile reminds us there is a human on the other side of every screen. We are a globally distributed 50+ person company with employees in Canada, the USA, South America, EMEA, and APAC. Our team has a strong emphasis on cross-cultural and timezone collaboration. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" in Canada and look forward to expanding this on a global scale.
Our team is building the loyalty layer of the internet and currently already powers over 80,000 rewards programs, reaching more than 500 million shoppers. Above everything else we strive to make people happy —from the merchant to their consumer, to our own team (yes, our name really is fitting).
Who We Are:
Human. The reason we do anything is to help another human succeed—whether they be on our team, one of our merchants or one of our merchants' shoppers. We approach our work with open hearts and complete authenticity, always remembering how our actions impact the human on the other side of the screen.
Humble. We value our differences and leave egos at the door to find the solution that creates the most competitive advantage for our merchants, regardless of their source. We celebrate everyone’s wins as if they were our own and go out of our way to give others recognition.
Hungry. Our drive to help others keeps us committed to infinite learning and taking initiative when no one is watching. As a team, we welcome ambiguity as it is an opportunity to leave our mark and understand autonomy and accountability go hand in hand.
Who We Are Looking For:
As a Technical Recruiter, you’ll report to and partner with the Director of Talent Acquisition to play an integral role in shaping and defining technical recruiting for Smile. You will collaborate with RnD leaders in order to really understand their team's needs while developing and implementing best practices for technical recruiting across the organization.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Develop and maintain strong business partnerships with hiring managers across RnD (Engineering, Product, Design); Understand their pain points, motivations, business context, and the roles required to build their teams.
- Conduct application screening and virtual initial vetting calls together with recommending and managing short-list interviews, recap discussions, and offer processes.
- Build world-class technical recruiting processes to ensure consistency and efficiency in identifying and selecting the right candidates for Smile.
- Facilitate incredible candidate experiences for all candidates.
- Lead initiatives for sourcing with an emphasis on building a diverse candidate pipeline.
What We Are Looking For:
- 3-5 years of experience managing full-cycle recruitment of engineering, product, and design talent, preferably at a fast-growing startup.
- An obsession for delivering a positive candidate experience.
- A genuine curiosity about people and their careers.
- A highly organized approach. You are able to multitask and take on a variety of complexity across different functions.
- A track record of owning problems and caring about how they get solved.
- Data-driven by nature and use it to inform your hiring plans and decisions.
- Experience building high-trust relationships.
- Comfort with a high degree of ambiguity and autonomy. You set your own quality bar high.
- Passion for taking a human-centered approach in everything you do.
Not Deal Breakers, But Valued:
- Experience working with a SaaS based company or product.
- Background in programming, product, and/or design.
Our commitment to candidates:
At Smile, we understand that finding a new role is challenging and that self-doubt or imposter syndrome can prevent you from applying to a role, don’t let it! You have a ton to offer and we want you to feel encouraged to apply, even if you don’t check all of the boxes. If you are passionate about eCommerce and helping merchants grow through loyalty and reward, connect with us.
At Smile, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.