As a Senior Industrial Designer at Belkin, you will be part of an internationally renowned team of creators of compelling products. You’ll be responsible for driving the user experience and every aspect of the physical design of Belkin products, from planning through prototyping, to production and beyond.
As part of a highly collaborative team of experts, you will participate in initial research and concept phases, working closely with our in-house and international partner Engineering teams, the Innovation Creative Group, Product Management, Sales teams and others to ensure that all objectives for the quality of the product’s design are met when the product reaches the user’s hands. We will also look forward to you acting as an avid ambassador for the Belkin brand, advocating for excellence in design with the internal teams as well as the broad design community.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Proactively and enthusiastically participate in cross-functional development of our products.
* Seek excellent communication across the boundaries of the immediate team into all areas of
development to achieve clear alignment and consistency in results.
* Follow trends and news in our marketplace, competition, and industry and beyond and reflect
this knowledge in your work and communication.
* Seek solid fundamental understanding of Belkin’s brand objectives.
* Understand and be responsible for following established project budgets and schedules.
* Maintain and evolve Belkin design language; collaborate to develop the brand continuously in
concert with Design team leadership.
* Deeply understand the principles of good User Experience and consumer testing.
* Develop products using conceptual sketching, 3D model making, rapid prototyping, CAD
modeling and photorealistic rendering visualization software tools.
* Seek to stay on top of industry design tool developments and share your knowledge with the t
* Mentor junior design staff and seek to share your knowledge freely with others.
* Understand and support our corporate values.
* Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
* Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
* Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Four-year college degree in Industrial Design.
* Four years related work experience within industrial design and product development.
* Competence in industry-standard 2D and 3D CAD software including Solidworks and Keyshot
* Proficiency in physical model making and rapid prototyping tools
* Demonstrated ability to lead direct cross-functional engineering team communication