At the Pac-12, we love sports and technology! Join our team and you’ll get to work on innovative and creative products that drive the next generation of streaming sports apps at the Conference of Champions. Can you take our Android and Android TV apps to the next level? We are looking for an experienced Android developer, who will be responsible for contributing to the development, maintenance, and integrations of applications with Pac-12 Now, our TV Everywhere app that reaches hundreds of thousands of users. Developers on our remote team have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products.
The Pac-12 office is based in San Francisco but this position is open to fully remote employees in the states of California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah.
- Design, build and maintain performant, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code
- Translate designs, wireframes, and business rules into high-quality code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Contribute to both the Android mobile and Android TV apps
- Strong knowledge of Android Studio and Kotlin
- Familiarity with RESTful or GraphQL APIs to connect applications to backend services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- A creative thinker and experienced problem solver with a hunger for knowledge
- Bonus: Android TV and/or iOS experience