Must be able to conduct in-depth technical SEO audits and have experience as an SEO account manager.
The Markup of an SEO Account Manager at TopHatRank
An SEO Account Manager at TopHatRank needs to ensure that all projects and deliverables for their book of business are executed efficiently and timely, providing individual attention to each account/client.
They do not repeat the same tasks day-to-day, but create innovative solutions and develop SEO strategy ideas to excel their clients, constantly revolutionizing their process. They have advanced SEO knowledge, effective client communication, time management and customer service skills.
The right candidate also has:
- 3+ years of SEO experience
- Advanced technical SEO knowledge: If you cannot explain what a canonical tag is or don’t know the difference between a 301, 302, 307, or 410 status code and if/when each should be used, you need not apply.
- Strong verbal and written communication (this will be tested and is an extremely important)
- Ability to communicate complex SEO knowledge about how the algorithm works and why their strategies will be effective to clients in a way that clients will easily understand
- Proficiency in Screaming Frog, Semrush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Sitebulb, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other data-oriented platforms
- Intermediate understanding of HTML, CSS, and PHP
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity, yet knows when to ask for help when needed
- Ability to draw insight from raw information and data
The Workload Includes:
Act as the Account Manager and point of contact in the flow of work between clients and the rest of the team for deliverables. This involves project management to ensure the deliverables are completed accurately and in a timely manner, whether done by themselves or another team member.
The workload includes finding opportunities for the organic growth of their client's accounts as the organic search landscape evolves, including creating and executing custom ongoing SEO strategies for clients.
Regularly performed SEO tasks consist of technical SEO audits, analytics audits, keyword research, competitive analysis and much more. All deliverables and deadlines must be met in a timely manner, as well as client and internal expectations are proactively communicated and accomplished within budget and timeline.
A portion of this role also includes the ability to digest, challenge, and knowledgeably communicate channel performance and analysis. This includes analyzing data and strategy performance with monthly client reporting.
The 411 on TopHatRank
TopHatRank is an award-winning agency based in Los Angeles, California. The team has successfully won several SEO awards based on their client campaigns and organic SEO efforts.
Specializing in E-Commerce SEO, SEO Audits, and fully managed SEO campaigns, our clients range from medium to enterprise level companies such as The Walking Dead, Ties.com, Hint Water, and Mealthy.
At TopHatRank, we truly believe in providing a fun, positive atmosphere where both employees and the client’s of TopHatRank can grow and thrive. We’re a close-knit group who support each other in leveling up and providing the best value to our clients.
THE MONEY – Compensation and Benefits
This role is full-time and offers extensive long term growth for the right candidate. Competitive salary range is from $45-65k annually. This is determined based on experience and skill level demonstrated throughout the hiring process.
We provide several exciting benefits for our employees at TopHatRank, some of which include:
- Work remotely and on a flexible schedule: 10am-6pm is our company hours, but you can set your own working schedule as long as you remain available via Slack during regular company hours.
- $50 Monthly remote reimbursement: We're a remote company, so let us help you cover that wifi bill.
- Flexible time off policy: That's a fancy way of saying unlimited time off whether you need to go to jury duty, the doctors, or Cabo.
- 10 Paid holidays: Including TopHatRank day.
- Quarterly performance bonuses: Do great work with your client accounts and get bonuses on top of your salary!
- Quarterly goal initiatives (with bonus incentives): Opportunity to set goals for yourself of things you'd like to accomplish, like finally getting GA certified, and get them done while you're working... and get bonuses for accomplishing the goal.
- Paid employee training and development: We want you to be the best you can be, and if that means taking a course or attending a conference, we're all about it!
- Monthly team happy hours: Each month we meet virtually and learn how to make tacos from scratch from a chef, discover the secret to making the perfect MaiTai, or carve pumpkins together, depending upon the theme of that month of course.
- Annual performance reviews: An opportunity to recognize your improve or provide a baseline of what can be improved.
- 1.5% Annual employee longevity bonus: As a thank-you for spending a year with us, we bonus you 1.5% of your current salary (each year).
- Annual company retreats: We like to host in-person retreats with the whole team in a fun location around the US 1-2x a year.
- Medical insurance: Up to $300 monthly
- Dental insurance: 100% covered
Read all of the above and ready to apply?
Email your resume to jobs @ tophatrank.com
with the subject line: SEO Account Manager Position 2021
Be sure to include the answers to the following in the email:
- Your Name:
- Your personal pronouns:
- Your Location & Time Zone:
- Link to your LinkedIn profile:
- Links/Attachments of relevant previous work:
- Describe your home office setup including your wifi speed, type of computer, monitor, location of office, etc:
- Your availability and start date:
- Your desired salary:
- Are you currently employed, and if so why are you looking for a new role?
In addition to the above, please send a 30-60 second video describing why you want to work for TopHatRank and why you’re qualified for the position. You can record this video on Loom, Zoom, or on your cell phone and send it as an attachment or Google Drive link.
If all of the above steps are not followed properly your application will not be submitted.