We’re looking for someone with a passion for creating beautiful, intuitive, functional design for the web — And, ideally, experience bringing those designs to life.
But first let’s talk about something really important.
Life is short.
We believe that if we’re going to spend a significant slice of our time working, it should be for a good purpose. That’s why we exclusively serve clients who make a positive impact on the world.
At Yoko Co the hours you spend crafting pixels won’t just be to make some rich dude or dudette richer: Your work will connect people with life-saving medical care, get adorable pets adopted into forever homes, help kids find a way to afford college, build bridges between brilliant minds, protect our environment, and so much more.
At the end of each day, we want you to feel like you’ve made a difference — like you’ve made things a little bit better.
(Cue inspirational music.)
OK, so about this web designer position…
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of design, UI/UX, and layout best practices.
- A discerning eye and the ability to tell what looks good, what doesn’t, and why.
- A strong understanding of development principles and how to design for the build.
- Comfortability working with modern web design and layout tools. (We use Figma a lot.)
- Experience creating mood boards, wireframes, design layouts, and working throughout the whole lifecycle of the design process.
- At least a strong familiarity with writing front end code: Particularly HTML & CSS, but JS is a nice bonus, too.
- Experience working with WordPress.
We’d love to find someone who considers themselves a design/development hybrid. If you’re used to being a one-person-band, and taking a website all the way from initial design concept right through to a full, live build, you’re right in the sweet spot! However, if you swing a little more heavily towards the design or development side, that’s cool too! We’ll shape the position to fit the right person, so we encourage you to apply.
On a day to day basis, here’s some of what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, producers, and strategists. Sometimes you’ll be working together hands-on, sometimes you’ll fly solo.
- Design websites, landing pages, web apps, infographics, and whatever else comes up. If it’s something people look at on a screen, it’s fair game.
- Be involved with bringing your work to life, perhaps through writing a bit of code, or working with a page builder.
- Help refine our production process and make us a better team.
- Work on meaningful, impactful projects.
If you work here:
You’ll get a competitive salary, unlimited time off, a flexible schedule, the ability to work wherever you want, a personal development budget, federal holidays and multiple weeks off at the end of the year to recharge. If you’re in the US, we also offer health insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401k matching.
A little more about us:
We’ve been in business for over a decade, our whole team is remote, we were named a 2021 Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and the Washington Business Journal, and you can poke around our website to learn more.
We take applicants from all over the world. However, you must be willing to work a schedule that has a reasonable overlap with normal US business hours.