Would you like to use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning technologies to connect people to their next job. On the other side, with the HeyJobs platform, we enable recruiters - our customers - who are desperately looking for talent, to get their open positions filled quickly with perfectly matching candidates.
With more than 1700 customers and a team of 170+, our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent application processes a thing of the past.
Our Data Platform Team provides services, tools and automations for other data-focussed R&D teams at HeyJobs. The scope ranges from Data Lake infrastructure to monitoring tooling, supporting templates and frameworks for data pipelines, AWS services adoption and more.
🌱 Your role
We are looking for a working student to support us long-term up to 20h/week in our Berlin Office.
As a Data Platform Engineer (working student) in the Data Platform Team, you will have a direct impact on the company data infrastructure setup and scale. In this role, you will have an opportunity to take part in designing, building, optimizing and maintaining Data Platform services and tools which we use across multiple data teams. As a part of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to work with various technologies such as SQL, Python, Airflow, databases, Terraform, Docker, CircleCI, AWS and others.
You will also be part of the Data Engineering Guild which is an internal group of professionals from various data teams that regularly meet to share knowledge and learn together.
🤩 You have
- student status in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering at a Berlin university or FH
- free time to work at least 10-20h a week with us ideally over 3-4 days/week
- the ability to work with us for at least 12 months (rather longer)
- excellent English skills - both in writing as well as speaking (german not required)
- good knowledge of Python, SQL and interest to learn it deeper and work with both
- experience in the Unix/Linux environment and automation
- passion for writing code and good analytical skills
- pragmatic, can-do attitude (you like to dive deep and get things done)
- strong drive to optimize solutions and processes
- proactive and self-reliant - you work independently with some guidance
- reliable and committed to deliver solutions fast
- willingness to write and maintain well-structured documentation
🎯 You will
- good knowledge of relational databases
- experience in working with AWS or another cloud
- experience in building CLI tools using Python and integrating with 3rd parties
- experience in using Docker or other containerization technologies
Technologies you’ll use:
- Take part in designing, building, improving and maintaining Data Platform services and tools which we use across multiple data teams.
- Face and solve monitoring/scalability/security and maintenance challenges.
- Help contribute to the automation of the machine learning production systems central to our operations and competitive advantage.
- Work closely with our Business Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning team to design and build the production systems that encapsulate and power these programs using Airflow, Python and AWS components (Redshift, RDS, AWS Batch, EMR).
- Be comfortable sharing ideas and discussing different approaches in an environment where your opinion has a direct impact, being part of our international, experienced, and highly motivated team.
- Be encouraged to work independently, using your conceptual and creative skills.
- Be a part of a unique, open-minded and friendly team, solving challenges together while having fun :)
- SQL, Python, Pandas
- Great Expectations for data quality
- Airflow, Datadog, Grafana
- Docker, CircleCI, Terraform
- AWS Redshift, S3, Glue, Athena, AWS-based Data Lake
- ECS, AWS Batch
We are looking for passionate, self-driven individuals who want to make a difference. Thus we are interested in information/links to any work or projects you have done outside your day job both technical and non-technical.
Depending on your performance and aspirations, this can be a possible door opener to an entry-level position in our company.
✌️ Why HeyJobs?
Want to know more about us?
- Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life. Learn more here.
- Welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
- Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), 38% of employees working in tech, LGBT+ champion
- Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
- High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, etc.
- Career development: Clear 7-step career path supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
- Secure Job: Over 1’700 large clients, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: 100% Home Office in the current situation, with the possibility of booking workplaces in the Office; flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals, several weeks/year full remote work, 3 work from home days/week
- Perks & Benefits: Mila Health, weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
- Great Office: Air-conditioned office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin's best tech employers! See for yourself: Top Tech Employer in Berlin, Kununu, Glassdoor, Top 25 LinkedIn Startups.
Check out our blog, LinkedIn, or our tech blog to find out more about us.