Who We Are
Ren is an early-stage tech startup based in the US and Europe, backed by top-tier investors. We build relationship intelligence technology for leaders and chiefs of staff.
Using leading-edge Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning technology, Ren helps you stay on top of important moments in your network and makes it fast, easy and personal to reach out with the right context.
What We Offer
We’re a distributed team with hubs in the US and Europe, which means you work wherever, whenever you want. We meet regularly in person in our hubs – or other cool places in the world as soon as the pandemic is over.
We offer a competitive salary & equity package, the devices you want, and a bunch of other perks to set up your home office and make your life at Ren great!
We build software with direct user impact. We talk to users daily and rapidly iterate on product. Mutual code reviews help us learn and write clean and readable code (which we prefer over "clever" code). We’re honest, humble, always strive to learn, and have fun while building awesome products.
What You Bring
As a senior full stack / backend / devops engineer with a user centric focus, you will be reporting directly to the CTO and working in a small team of machine learning experts, designers, full stack frontend, backend and iOS developers. You'll be responsible for different parts of the product, with a focus on backend and infrastructure.
You’re an excellent communicator (English written and spoken) and an independent builder that thrives in fast-growing distributed work settings. We don’t care about years of experience or academic degrees. What matters are your software development skills and your proficiency with languages and frameworks.
- You’ve built, managed and scaled backends from scratch to production deployments.
- You are familiar or willing to learn our stack: Python/Fastapi, Ansible, Linux, Docker, Postgres, Celery, Github, Jenkins, ElasticSearch.
- Your core focus is backend, but you have full stack experience, from DevOps to UI.
- Bonus: Experience with CI/CD tools
- Bonus: Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Bonus: Experience with web development (TS/next.js, React)
- Bonus: Experience with iOS development (ReactNative, Swift)
- Bonus: Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Bonus: You have contributed to open source projects
We're excited to hear from you!