Who We’re Looking For...
I’m the CTO of Feastin with well over 10+ years of day-to-day software experience. I’ve worked with many different startups in the past (including other foodie startups), we’re a…
- Small team with funding.
- Doing something that no other competitor is doing.
- ...and we need your help to scale it out.
I’m less concerned about your familiarity with the perfect set of tech skills and more interested that you can learn quickly, work hard, and work smart.
That said, I’m also big on NOT overworking people.
Put in your eight hours of focused, quality work and then TURN. SLACK. OFF. No nights. No weekends.
I’m moving towards implementing Basecamp’s Shape Up method
(about half way there) to organize and execute our work.
No sprinting, no scrumming, no death by 10,000 meetings.
- I protect and respect your time.
- The company treats you like an adult.
- ...and I trust you to get your work done.
That said, I am hiring specifically for a traditional, full stack Ruby on Rails position.
But if you have experience with React, or React Native (neither of which is required) you should be able to hit the ground running on day 1 and that's definitely a plus.
Who We Are...
Feastin.com is a food company, started by a restauranter who successfully owned and operated many restaurants across the San Francisco Bay Area. But like most restaurants, they were hit hard by the pandemic.
Using his connections, knowledge, and experience in the restaurant world he wanted to fundamentally alter how food delivery works for the restaurant, local food makers, and the customer.
- No gig workers (we hire our own folks and pay them all a livable wage).
- No more price gouging (100% of the purchase price goes to the food makers).
- Control the end-to-end delivery experience (without gig workers, we control the full user experience).
- Provide access to reasonably priced, yet very high quality food that is traditionally only available to high end restaurants.
The Onboarding Process...
I’m not into high-stakes interviews or grueling take-home tests that you "should" be able to do in a few hours.
If after an email conversation, and a quick video chat w/ the team, we think you could be a good fit, I will pay you for a small hourly contract job and decide where to go from there.
I’m currently seeking a full-time (40 hrs / week), contract position but am 100% open to full time employment (with benefits) if that’s something that interests you after we’ve successfully worked together.
Click the "Apply for this position" button to email me directly.
Be sure to include your...
- Desired hourly rate.
- Geographic region (we are only accepting candidates living in the U.S. or Canada).
- ...and tell me a little bit about yourself (along with any resources you’d like to link out to).
Looking forward to hearing from you!
- Agencies and consulting firms will be dismissed.
- Feastin does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies.