IN2 is an experience innovation design agency. We help companies create and deliver effortless experiences through human-centered design that drives growth. At our core, we are committed to creating elegant, engaging, and well-crafted content ranging from enhanced business strategies to precise tactical solutions. We work with a diverse range of companies and industries from sports equipment and IT to natural resources and water solutions. We thrive under tight deadlines, hustle for our clients, and most importantly enjoy who we work with and what we do.
Our team consists of a small, fun group that wear many hats. Since we are a consultancy, you will be involved in a variety of projects at different stages of the product development process. Some activities may include collaborative brainstorming, sketching, UX/UI, CAD studies and renderings, foam core mockups, layouts, and presentations.
While this position is highly selective in terms of talent and ability, it is most suited to candidates who are self-motivated to deliver great work regardless of the client, project, or day of the week. As a team member, you should share our grit and determination to produce top-quality work in our industry. This role requires a high level of proficiency in technical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Candidates must have experience or be willing to master a variety of tasks ranging from design research, ideation, and conceptualization to detailed part design and manufacturing preparation, as well as creating and testing low and high-fidelity wireframes. You’ll be working alongside our design and development teams on most projects and can expect to foster your advancement by managing projects on time and within budget. We ensure every team member has the opportunity to hone their skills and add to their design toolkit through collaboration, application, and coaching. We are a tight knitted crew that collaborates frequently with our multi-branch teams.
You might be a good fit if you too prize humor, positivity, and pushing innovation. Our team prides ourselves on our integrity, inclusivity, and being able to enjoy a drink at the end of the day with each other.
If this sounds like a fit, we’d love to meet you.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• If you are a recent graduate – Minimum of 6 months of intern experience
• If you are an entry-level working professional - Minimum 2 years of experience working as an Industrial Designer
• Experience working in UX/UI across web and mobile is a plus
• Excellent sketching and visualization skills (analog and digital)
• Ability to communicate clearly through presentation level sketches
• Advanced skills with Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, XD and Sketch
• Advanced skills in creating renderings in Keyshot
• Proficiency in Solidworks, including surfacing
• Proficiency in UI/UX, User Research, and Design Strategy
• Ability to create physical and digital prototypes, using basic materials and prototyping methods
• Ability to conduct user research to discover insights, define user personas, and map user journeys
• Ability to synthesize and present user research / testing
• Solid experience in creating both low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
Nice to Have:
• Other Adobe Suite software knowledge
• Familiarity with materials and manufacturing
• Skilled at creating interaction design solutions for desktop, web and mobile applications
• Experience working with developers
• Ability to conceptualize and brainstorm in a group, as well as individually
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills; ability to work independently and collaboratively with internal teams and clients
• Highly collaborative and outgoing personality by nature
• High energy, drive, and maturity. Demonstrated persistence, tenacity, and an ability to overcome obstacles
• Detail oriented and excellent time management and organizational skills
• Must be a creative thinker, passionate about design and trends that goes beyond your 9-5
• A positive attitude and excitement for the job
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, yet casual environment
• Tech savvy. Comfortable with Microsoft Office, Google Products etc.
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• Ability to travel as needed
• Must be fluent in English
• Must have authorization (work permit) to work in the USA
• 4-year bachelor’s degree of Industrial Design
• Minor in UX/UI is a plus
• Resume, cover letter, and strong portfolio required
• Showcase your best work in user research, ideation, modeling, rendering, prototyping
• Showcase sketches and process
• Note: While some of our team member may be working from home during Pandemic, our team members must be located or willing to relocate to Austin TX, as team members must be able to easily get to our studio
IN2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.