ROQ is looking for experienced Full-Stack Engineers who can support in realizing our ambitious growth goals. In 2021 we have gathered seed funding of approx. 9 Mio. € and plan to invest heavily in building our product. We are building a technical platform to implement, launch and operate web applications. Our platform will contain all modules that are common among SaaS projects like authentication, authorization, in-app messages, search, etc
👩🚀 YOUR MISSION
We are looking for roqstars who want to build our platform together with us. Our stack consists of Nest.js, Apollo Server, TypeORM and all code is written in beautiful Typescript. Our APIs are exposed using GraphQL. We are integrating Postgres, MongoDB and RabbitMQ. In the frontend we are using React with Redux, Apollo Client and TailwindCSS. We deploy our application on Google Cloud Run.
Your skills should have a good overlap with the technologies mentioned above plus you have a passion for good software craftsmanship (Clean Code + SOLID).
You'll join a team of enthusiastic engineers and experienced POs. The tasks include feature development as well as technical improvements and are challenging and varied.
🧑🏻🚀 YOUR PROFILE
- Extensive experience in your technical discipline, ideally this means deep knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: React & React-Native, Node.js (with Express and Nest.js), Typescript, GraphQL, Redux, Next.js, nx. Dev, PGSQL database (via TypeORM), ElasticSearch, Event Bus based on RabbitMQ, Google Cloud Platform
- You like working in a fast-paced team, and applying pragmatic solutions to implementing product requirements
- Experience with a modern, collaborative software development workflow (e.g. pull requests and code review)
- You aim for clean software architecture and are able to keep complexity and technical debt low
- Taking initiative and having a self-driven mindset
- Thinking a couple of steps ahead and holistically
- Comfortable at communicating and documenting well in a remote and agile environment
- Result-oriented and not afraid of making decisions in a fast-paced environment
ROQ was founded in 2020 by Tim Niemeier and Fabian Wesner. Fabian previously co-founded Spryker Systems, one of the leading commerce solutions in the market. Tim used to be CTO at Rocket Internet & held freelance CTO positions at startups & DAX companies.
ROQ is building a platform that enables our customers to quickly realize, launch and scale their web applications. It provides ready-to-use functionality – such as user management, messaging with chats and video calls, booking, scheduling, or subscriptions – which can be reused and adapted in the context of the individual implementation. With ROQ, the team can focus on those parts which really make the difference for their particular business, accelerating time-to-market and reducing costs.
In 2021, ROQ received approx. 9m€ funding to accelerate its vision to the next level. The company is headquartered in the heart of Berlin with a full-remote team located all over the world. We are continuously on the lookout for new ROQstars in Tech, Product, DevOps, Project Management, Finance and HR.
👩🏾🚀THE ROQET SHIP MANIFESTO
- We work like intrapreneurs: As you'll be joining ROQ at such an early stage, you'll have the chance to work with talented peers with a growth mindset and "getting things done" attitude. Together, we'll build something great from the ground up.
- We care for balance: While we love being around one another and enjoy the team dynamics, we appreciate the freedom of working from wherever we currently are. Of course, you'll get the IT and (home) office equipment of your choice!
- We share the pioneer spirit: creating an innovative technology no one has ever thought of but everyone in the business will love it once it's there - this gives us goosebumps.
- We're the new "cool kid on the block": The press is already convinced that "this is pretty hot". Are you, too?
- We're at the heart of the city: Our offices in Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg) and Munich (Maxvorstadt) are not only stylish and have great coffee, views, and terrace/garden but also centrally located
- We love ROQ but we also love having time for ourselves: 30 days of paid annual leave allow for adventures and enough downtime to rest and recuperate
👩🏼🚀 THERE ARE ROQSTARS IN ALL OF US
At ROQ, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Want to join the ride? Please apply through our career portal. Let’s ROQ!
🏁 Next Steps
Want to join the ride? Please apply through our career portal. Let’s ROQ! 🚀