Scrum Masters/Delivery Managers at Last Call are cross-functional leaders on our agile digital product development teams who play a key role in our ability to deliver the right products for our clients and their customers. Equipped with business and strategic intuition, Delivery Managers collaborate with both clients and our team to establish alignment on a shared vision, goals, and deliver a product roadmap that inspires the team and guides the delivery of a working, value-added product.
Last Call Media is a fully distributed company so you can work from anywhere, but we ask that you be able to commit to at least 5 hours of overlap with New York time (ET), Monday through Friday.
What you’ll do:
- Confidently collaborate with clients and team members to build products from existing ideas and create and pitch new ideas based on data, customer feedback, and industry experience.
- Enable an iterative product development approach that includes creative and technical members, focusing on delivering value regularly through considered and deliberate prioritization.
- Facilitate and participate in the creation and maintenance of product roadmaps, feature backlogs, product documentation, and user stories delivering value as a member of a Scrum team.
- Lead and facilitate Scrum events and educate clients and team members on the impact of the events on value delivery.
- Facilitate and participate in team and company retrospectives to help define and refine working agreements and processes to help us work more effectively together as a team, utilizing root cause analysis methodology.
- Collaborate with clients and stakeholders to bridge gaps, remove impediments, and enable the team.
- Lead and coach teams and clients on Agile frameworks and process, enabling the formation and continuous improvement of high performing teams.
- Apply methods of risk management to the projects and products we are delivering for our clients and work to mitigate those in collaboration with Product Management
- Use data to help guide decision making for the team, especially with regard to delivery, schedule, and expectations.
What you’ll bring:
- A proven track record of leading the delivery of digital products and services that delight customers.
- 3+ years of similar experience in a digital agency, consultancy, or equivalent setting as a Scrum Master or similar role, delivering value to customers.
- A unique blend of business and technical savviness, a big-picture vision, and the drive to work with others to make that vision a reality through your persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with large-scale open source web technologies (such as Drupal, WordPress, and React).
- Experience and/or a desire to work remotely.
- Ability to work efficiently, sometimes under tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to thrive in ambiguous and uncertain situations, able to adapt to changing requirements.
- Scrum Master certification
It’d be nice if you also had:
- Experience building products and services for all users, regardless of ability, backed by knowledge of accessibility standards (Section 508 Refresh/WCAG 2.0 A and AA).
- Familiarity with other popular web development technologies, third-party applications, and platforms.
- Experience with traditional project management methodology, to aid in communication with our clients.
- Experience or an interest in sharing your knowledge and experience at industry conferences.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools, such as Jira and Confluence.
All of us at LCM pride ourselves on being:
- Able to empathize, which helps us understand the need of the client, the customer, the product, and the team at LCM.
- Highly communicative.
- Able to work independently.
- Comfortable asking for help.
- Experienced with communicating directly with clients.
- Eager and motivated to learn new concepts.
- Team players in a collaborative environment.
- A fast learner.
Applicants should submit through the careers section
a current resume and cover letter. Please include:
- Links to a few digital products you completed recently.
- A 3-5 sentence answer to the following question: What, in your opinion, are the biggest challenges of working at an all-remote company? If you haven’t worked for an all-remote company, please try to answer the question anyway!
Last, while resumes and interviews are a great way to learn more about you, all candidates should be prepared to complete a brief hypothetical virtual recruitment exercise and submit reference(s) upon request.
This position is compensated at a salary commensurate with skill and experience, with comprehensive benefits
including an annual professional development budget and varied, engaging work for enterprise-level clients. If this position already sounds like you or sounds like where you're headed, please reach out!
Please reach out! We look forward to reviewing all applications submitted through our careers section