Are you a positive, energetic person who's been in the trenches of digital marketing & loves the challenge? We hope you'll apply to lead our growth efforts here at Punchpass!
Marketing is never done. There are always routine tasks to execute, new ideas to try, and minor tweaks that could have a big impact. We are looking for someone who enjoys the daily work involved with digital marketing but who keeps their eye on the big picture strategy to keep priorities in order.
You'll have a lot of leeway to craft a strategic and evidence-based approach to content marketing and advertising. And you'll be responsible for carrying out that strategy, measuring for impact, and revising as you go.
You will be joining a team that believes in high standards and helping small businesses grow. Our clients are our most enthusiastic and powerful advocates, as we are known for our excellent product and service. Our marketing tactics are always honest. Punchpass is a self-serve model, but getting folks to trust us enough to jump on our free trial and feel good about paying us is a big part of what you'll do.
The position is remote, but we are only considering candidates in the U.S.A.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to grow traffic and increase the number of clients who sign up for our service. As a small team we are looking for someone who can both work with the leadership team to create the marketing strategy, and then execute it.
- Identify and pursue growth through new acquisition channels. This could include new industry partnerships, new social channels, festival sponsorships, referrals, etc.
- Maximize the value of existing channels and partnerships (email funnels, email retargeting, software consolidator sites).
- Targeting & retargeting via paid campaigns (Google Adwords, Facebook ads), others.
Website and Search Engine Optimization
- Identify, monitor, and direct our efforts to scale organic visits and improve website conversion rates.
- Work to identify target keywords and optimize existing & new content.
- Analyze the performance and value of different keywords over time.
- Develop implementation workflows to maximize SEO when new content is produced.
- Improve on-page SEO of existing website content by performing routine keyword gap analyses & refreshing the content.
- Perform ongoing website optimization, including traffic funnels, menus, landing pages, internal linking strategies.
Reporting & Metrics
- Develop and optimize Google analytics & other reporting tools and effectively manage those systems moving forward.
- You’ll own our marketing data analytics pipeline from collection through reporting.
- You’re confident in translating raw behavioral and on-site data into insightful metrics and visualizing that data.
- Set standards to support effective reporting, including lead source classification and UTM consistency.
- Determine which metrics to monitor, both for high-level reporting and low-level tracking.
- Set and monitor goals to achieve over time.
Content Strategy & Management
- Lead the team effort to plan themes to guide our content creation for each month/quarter/year for the creation of blog posts, newsletters, webinars, podcasts. Industry rhythms & annual patterns will guide your decisions.
- Manage the creation and posting of routine blog posts.
- Grow our email list via lead magnets (guides, checklists, etc.).
- Fine-tune our email DRIP campaigns based on lead source and funnel location.
- Supervise our social media presence (FB, IG, Linked In, YouTube).
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are comfortable developing a marketing strategy, measuring outcomes, and revising as you go.
- Love getting your hands dirty while executing, measuring, and making revisions.
- Get excited about getting new users and new sales.
- Think high-level but with a firm foundation in the low-level tasks that happen daily to keep the motors running.
- Bring a strong sense of team spirit and ownership.
- Are proactive and resourceful. You work on your own initiative, and you find answers to questions yourself.
- Relish autonomy in your role.
- Possess curiosity and a desire to dig into root causes.
- Are eager to learn and improve upon your own skills.
- Have an overall drive for excellence.
- Are excited to join a dynamic team looking to do great things.
- Writing is important to us - the majority of our communication with customers and each other is written.
- Sales & marketing experience with a self-serve Saas product is a plus.
- First-hand knowledge of the fitness industry is a plus.
- The position is remote, but you must reside in the U.S.
This is a full-time position available to remote candidates in the U.S.A.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $100,000, depending on your level of experience.
We offer partially paid health, dental, and vision insurance. Other benefits include a 401k with a 4% company match, a relaxed 15-day vacation policy (plus holidays), as well as paid parental leave. And of course, we'll work with you to make sure you have the equipment you need to do your job (computer, monitor, etc.)
We're a small team with a product our customers love, and you will be the first full-time marketing person on the team. You can make a big impact :)