In a world of beeps and clicks, Smile reminds us there is a human on the other side of every screen. We are a globally distributed 50+ person company with employees in Canada, the USA, South America, EMEA, and APAC. Our team has a strong emphasis on cross-cultural and timezone collaboration. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" in Canada and look forward to expanding this on a global scale.
Our team is building the loyalty layer of the internet and currently already powers over 80,000 rewards programs, reaching more than 500 million shoppers. Above everything else we strive to make people happy —from the merchant to their consumer, to our own team (yes, our name really is fitting).
Who We Are:
Human. The reason we do anything is to help another human succeed—whether they be on our team, one of our merchants or one of our merchants' shoppers. We approach our work with open hearts and complete authenticity, always remembering how our actions impact the human on the other side of the screen.
Humble. We value our differences and leave egos at the door to find the solution that creates the most competitive advantage for our merchants, regardless of their source. We celebrate everyone’s wins as if they were our own and go out of our way to give others recognition.
Hungry. Our drive to help others keeps us committed to infinite learning and taking initiative when no one is watching. As a team, we welcome ambiguity as it is an opportunity to leave our mark and understand autonomy and accountability go hand in hand.
About the Team:
As a Senior Product Designer at Smile, you will get the opportunity to inform the design of products that are used by tens of thousands of businesses and millions of customers around the world. You will work on a multi-disciplinary squad and own the design for that area of the business. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, and a user researcher that understand the importance of, and value, the work you will be doing.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with a passion for designing complex products from start to finish and has the skill set to drive a collaborative experience with our Product and Engineering teams. We’ve got some incredible challenges for you to solve from concept to launch that will build the future of the loyalty layer of the internet. We’re looking for a results-driven designer to help us power our rewards program to over 500 million shoppers.
What you'll help us achieve
- You will elevate the quality of the visual design of Smile products.
- You will help find simpler, more intuitive solutions to existing UX problems.
- You will help us take advantage of new opportunities with a willingness to experiment, move fast, and learn from mistakes.
Who you are:
- You have worked as a product designer for at least two years, ideally more.
- You are happy designing complex products from start to finish. You have experience in the various stages of product design, such as research; wireframing; user testing; high-fidelity mockups, and interaction design.
- You like to take initiative, this is a senior role and we expect the ideal candidate to be proactive in areas adjacent to the actual design work, such as gathering data, sharing designs for feedback, and helping improve the work of others.
- You are highly proficient at using Figma or motivated to become so.
- You are excited about working in a fully remote, distributed environment with team members from diverse backgrounds and time zones.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills, because we are a distributed team you will need to be comfortable with async forms of communication, such as written reports and Loom videos. The more we develop these skills the better we are at respecting each other's work hours.
- You will be willing to travel once or twice a year to meet up with your colleagues once it is safe to do so.
Bonus if you have
- Ecommerce experience.
- Some sort of complementary design skills such as illustration, animation etc.
- Experience with modern user analytics tools such as VWO, Heap, Fullstory etc.
- Experience with design systems.
- An interest in improving the design process and knowledge of different frameworks (Lean UX, Dual-Track Agile, Design Thinking etc.).
What to expect in the interview process:
- Initial screening.
- Talk on camera about a recent project you worked on.
- Video Interviews with a few folks from our Design and Product Team.
- Collaborative project. Work together with us on a real feature, you will be compensated for your time.
- Offer 🎉
Our commitment to candidates:
At Smile, we understand that finding a new role is challenging and that self-doubt or imposter syndrome can prevent you from applying to a role, don’t let it! You have a ton to offer and we want you to feel encouraged to apply, even if you don’t check all of the boxes. If you are passionate about eCommerce and helping merchants grow through loyalty and reward, connect with us.
At Smile, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.