Do you have a passion for coding? We're offering you a new challenge - join our Berlin team as Senior Backend Engineer Golang.
What will you do?
You will join the platform team which is part of the software engineering department . Your mission is to build modern, highly scalable cloud-based platforms using Golang. These platforms are used for hardware and software products which will be used in production by often millions of users.
You should be living in Berlin or be wiling to relocate this year to be able to have (after Corona) some meetings in the office. Flexible REMOTE work is possible and we all normally work from home and just meet for important kickoffs in the office.
Who are you?
- Envision and implement future-proof cloud platforms for hardware and software products
- Continuously create, develop and deliver superior quality platforms on time
- Lead other, more junior engineers by example
Who are we?
- Passion for simple code which is functional, well tested and easy to understand
- Focus on delivering quality centered around a great experience for the API user
- Experience with agile & distributed software development
- Strong self-organizer with a hands-on mentality
- Programming Languages:
- 4+ years of experience in backend development
- 3+ years in using Golang to build cloud platforms used in production
- Stack & Systems:
- Strong experience with Postgres, Redis and message queues like RabbitMQ
- Strong experience in defining REST APIs and designing microservices
- Experience in building distributed low-latency systems exposing an API
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Production experience with popular cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Methodologies and tools:
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban), Jira, Confluence, Git
- Test-driven development
- An open-source track record on Github
- Team leading skills
- Experience in working in a Golang Monorepo
- Experience with oAuth 2.0
- Experience in working in an international, intercultural team
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience wth team chats (Slack or Mattermost) and video calls
icon impact is an international innovation firm that helps transform businesses in ways you didn’t think were possible.
When you work at icon impact, you have an opportunity to build the future. User Experience is at the core of everything we do, from UX and UI design to product and service development, prototyping, and industrialization. We support our clients in keeping their businesses ahead of the curve, spanning a variety of industries including FMCG, Automotive, Energy, and Home Appliances. Joining icon impact and therefore icon group means you'll not only have access to the latest technologies - you’ll have a hand in leveraging them for our Fortune 500 clients.
We believe our strength is in our people. Across our six global offices, you’ll find the global collective of iconistas to be a special group of people working towards a common goal - doing incredible work for our clients.
What's in it for you?
Continuous development is a key component of innovation and since our people are our greatest strength, we know how important it is to provide development opportunities. iconmobile group offers an ongoing leadership development program and an annual budget for skill training and expansion. With so much diversity in the work we do, it’s nearly impossible not to learn something new every day - whatever your role.
Everything we do at iconmobile aims to support our employees in their pursuits in and out of the office. With flexible working hours, ambitious and bright colleagues and an innovative international environment with diverse employees from every corner of the globe, we allow our employees the chance to define their own authentic work-life balance, challenge imaginations and help us stay innovative and forward thinking. As we work hard and we strive for excellence, we also do our best to make our employees feel happy – therefore we provide access to a host of discounts and deals for shopping and services and offer lots of company events and parties and highly competitive industry salaries coupled with 27+ days of paid vacation, sabbatical plans, and a company pension scheme.
With our centrally located offices in Berlin, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Munich, Detroit, and Ingolstadt that come equipped with stocked kitchens and lounge areas, we hope you join us in our mission to design a better future!
If you strive for excellence and love to collaborate in an international environment with some very cool people, then this might be the job for you! Click on the apply button and submit your application. In case you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us via [email protected]