At SparkLoop, we build the best referral software for growing your email-list.
Founded just over a year ago, our small team is profitable, 100% remote, and successful: we power seven of the ten biggest newsletter referral programs in the world, including household names like Tim Ferriss, James Clear, and Front Office Sports.
But that’s not enough.
Over the next few years we want to help thousands more media companies, newsletter creators and ecommerce brands grow their email audiences with our products.
And — to make that happen — we need you.
How You’ll Make a Difference
As our first Growth Strategist hire, you’ll work closely with some of the world’s best content creators — from NYT-bestselling authors to leading media organisations and DTC brands — to help them grow their email-lists faster and more affordably with a SparkLoop referral program.
Supported by our founders, it will be your responsibility to help these creators understand why they should use SparkLoop, guide them through the process of devising and implementing a winning referral program, and provide them with long-term strategic support to ensure they achieve their email growth goals.
This is primarily an Account Management role, however — to begin with — you’ll also handle elements of Sales/Business Development too.
- Do inbound strategy calls with high-volume prospects, helping them work out if (and how) they should be using a SparkLoop referral program
- Onboard new high-volume customers and help them devise and launch a successful referral program (including in-depth advice and support on referral reward strategy and content)
- Help existing high-volume customers become and remain successful with SparkLoop
- Funnel customer feedback and insights through to the product team to help us build out new features and improve existing ones
- (optional) Run webinars and partner demos on email referral strategy
As the role develops, you’ll have the opportunity to shape it into:
- A pure sales/business development role
- A pure customer success/account management role
- A leadership/people-management role
The right candidate should have:
- Native-level fluency in English
- Availability during North American working hours
- 2+ years experience selling to or doing account management/customer success (ideally both) for a SaaS product
- Experience working in (or ideally, selling to) the newsletter industry or media companies
- Exceptional self-organisational skills and a high degree of autonomy (you’ll be working in a young, fast-growing organisation where a lot of the things we do, we’re doing for the very first time)
- The ability (and personality) to build relationships and communicate effectively with senior-level executives from large media organisations and brands over video calls
Signs You Might Be A Great Fit
If one or more of the following apply to you, there’s an excellent chance you’re the right person for the role:
- You have experience working in sales, account management or customer success at an email marketing platform provider
- You have experience as a consultant (or in a client-facing role at an agency) providing marketing services to media companies or newsletter creators
- You have experience working in email marketing/newsletters at a mid-large size media organisation
- You have in-depth knowledge of how to use one or more email marketing platforms
We’re still early days at SparkLoop. So — if you’re the kind of person who requires a perfectly structured work environment with everything figured out in advance to perform well — then it’s probably not a fit.
But — if you’re the kind of person who is comfortable doing things for the first time — then this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
You’ll have a high degree of agency and flexibility to establish the structure, responsibilities, and best practices for your role. All while working day-to-day with some of the smartest email marketers and decision makers at publications read by millions of people worldwide.
You’ll also enjoy:
- 100% remote work with reasonably flexible scheduling (our entire team is remote)
- a calm team culture based on autonomy, individual empowerment and async-first communication
- 4+ weeks paid holiday/year
- regular team retreats (when travel is appropriate)
- a monthly budget for equipment, remote work and personal development
The salary range for this role is $60-90k/PA.
How to Apply
We hope to get through all applications within two weeks of the close date for the role. Here’s what you can expect from the rest of our hiring process:
- Short video interviews with both founders
- A small (60-90min) collaborative project with a member of our team
- A decision and start-date as soon as possible, likely in mid-September
We’ll keep you informed through every step of the process.
We read every single application, and your cover letter and responses help put your experience into context.
SparkLoop is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.
Please direct any questions about this role to [email protected]
(only applications via the linked form above will be considered).