Remote within the U.S. -- $80k - $100k
Podsights is a small, distributed organization seeking a Support Engineer to join our growing team! Here's a little about us, a little about what we believe, and what we are looking for.
Podsights is an industry-leading attribution platform for podcast advertising. We likely work with some of your favorite brands and publishers and handle over 10 billion events a month.
Our mission is simple, we are looking to grow the podcast industry. Far too many brands try a podcast advertising campaign and churn. Or worse: they don’t even try to enter the market. By providing a platform for brands to optimize results, we encourage investment in podcast advertising, and by proxy to publishers.
The podcasting industry has seen a lot of growth in the past few years, and we believe it has more room to grow. Beyond growth, podcasting presents some interesting problems: its decentralized, RSS-based nature, and the various ways people can listen. Joining Podsights is an excellent opportunity to be hands-on with an evolving medium.
We believe that where you went to school has little bearing on your performance. Where you live isn’t a proxy for talent (we're fully remote and the team lives all over the place-- one of us even lives in Spain)! Your current employer provides a low signal about your future potential.
We believe that different backgrounds bring different perspectives. Podsights promotes diversity and inclusion in its hiring, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
Our team consists of members of Embedly (acquired by Medium), Horizon Media, Claritas, NPM, and How Stuff Works. You can learn more about us here: Podsights Team
We've got benefits too:
- Competitive compensation and a 401K program
- Fully remote role with an annual WFH stipend
- We cover 100% of health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- We offer 4 weeks of PTO each year
- A generous maternity/paternity leave policy
Podsights cannot provide visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future and to be considered for this role, you must have the ability to work in the United States without sponsorship.
About the role
It will be the responsibility of the Support Engineer to:
- Work with clients to help interpret the information Podsights provides into actionable insights to help brands optimize their podcasting investments
- Troubleshoot campaign issues by looking at the data and the code
- Assist brands with pixel implementation and SDK integrations
To be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Critical thinking & problem-solving skills in order to identify and address clients’ needs
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience prioritizing multiple stakeholders and projects
- Some experience reading and writing SQL
- Ability to follow code and navigate a codebase
- General understanding of how a web application works
Even better if you:
- Have experience in the advertising industry
- Have worked in a client-facing capacity
- Know how to use a debugger
- Understand ORM queries