We are looking for a talented fully remote front-end engineer to help us transition our marketing site from a Rails application to a Git-based CMS coupled with a static site generator. You'll be playing a core role in our marketing development team and you’ll report directly to the front-end lead.
What You’ll Do:
- Help transition our marketing site at hubstaff.com from a rails application to a Git based CMS coupled with a Static site generator (preferably based on Vue.js)
- Define the data structures in the CMS based on our Design system components.
- Translate the current Design system components from our rails views to the Static site generator templates. (Our rails views are written in slim, which is very easy to understand, and you’ll need to transition them to Vue.js view files)
- Create documentation along the way on how to use the system, as it will be used by non developers in creating new pages and editing the existing ones.
- Expert knowledge & experience using HTML & CSS.
- Experience working with headless CMS systems. Bonus points for experience with Git based CMS
- Experience working with static site generators, that read content files from disk and using the defined data structures and templates, compile it into static HTML.
- Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts.
- Great communication skills, focused on solutions, thinking independently
- Experience working with Storybook.js
- An understanding of SEO and accessibility best practices.