Founded in 1834, Hingham Institution for Savings is one of America's oldest banks. With a $3B balance sheet, we focus on providing specialty commercial real estate lending and deposit banking solutions to real estate investors, businesses, nonprofits, and families in Boston, Washington, D.C., and the San Francisco Bay Area. We are one of the most profitable and efficient banks in the United States, with family management committed to growth and independence. We have a small, entrepreneurial team - just under 100 people - and we hold ourselves to high standards.
We are looking to hire an experienced Vice President and Chief Information Officer to manage our Information Technology Group, including network infrastructure, telephony, productivity solutions (GSuite/Google Cloud), information security systems, and our deployed hardware in our branch network and with our remote workforce. This role will report directly to the President and Chief Operating Officer and will be an integral member of the Bank's senior leadership team.
The right individual will bring substantial energy and enthusiasm to a role that is critical to the Bank's continued growth and success. Although we are nearly 200 years old, we combine the substantial financial resources with the energy of a startup. We believe that the effective use of technology is critical to delivering quality, secure financial services to our customers at scale and we are committed to moving quickly to ensure we are positioned to succeed. This is a unique opportunity to shape the direction of a fast growing organization.
Our technology infrastructure is generally cloud-first, with most of our team working on a hybrid or remote basis. We rely on ChromeOS and GSuite for our key productivity solutions and Fiserv for our core processing and consumer and business digital banking solutions. Although we currently utilize Fiserv for most of our digital banking solutions, we are working to integrate other best-in-class third party software providers with our core via APIs. Responsibility for our core processor relationship, including our customer facing platforms, is currently shared with the Digital Banking and Specialized Deposit Groups.
This role is based at our Main Office in Hingham, MA but a significant portion of our team is currently working remotely. We are open to both Boston area and remote candidates that have strong alignment with our values and strategy.
Strategy, Vision, and Planning
- Run the Bank's Technology Committee, with dedicated responsibility for shaping the Bank's technology strategy and translating this strategy into goals, objectives, key results, and operating procedures
- Partner with the Vice Presidents of the Digital Banking and the Specialized Deposit Groups, as well as others as applicable, to support the development, implementation, and operation of customer-facing technology products, including building and managing infrastructure required for third party integrations
Operational Management and Oversight
- Provide daily oversight of the Information Technology infrastructure of the Bank, including both on-premise, cloud-based, and core provider solutions
- Responsible for analyzing and approving the installation of hardware and software updates and other patch management directives.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the current and future needs of the Bank, including staff supervision, development, performance appraisals, and terminations.
- Responsible for the overall development and coordination of the IT portion of the Business Continuity Plan. Including maintaining the plan, testing the plan, and documenting the same.
Regulatory and Audit
- Draft and maintain the Information Technology Risk Assessment and the Cybersecurity Risk Assessment
- Coordinate External Audit, Internal Audit, and Regulatory Examinations for the Information Technology function; craft and implement response to regulatory recommendations and findings
- Communicate with the Board of Directors and Audit Committee regarding the Bank's Information Security/Cybersecurity Program
- Assure audit compliance and procedure quality control through internal and external reviews; own the process of identifying and implementing solutions to audit deficiencies and recommendations
- Responsible for the security and stability of the company's information technology resources; participates in leading the company's incident response team in the event of a technology emergency or breach in confidential information.
- Serve as the Bank's Information Security Officer; develop and implement the Bank's Information Security plan to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of customer and Bank confidential information and infrastructure
Team Development and Acquisition/Vendor Management
- Play a positive role in the development and growth of staff through excellent communication skills, along with strong delegation skills assuring a highly cross- trained staff.
- Identify when services and solutions should be delivered by partners and when the Bank should build capacity in-house, including managing external searches and recruiting for new talent
- Engage and manage external vendors as appropriate to deliver managed services for both core IT (telephony and network) and network security/network defense
- Review vendor agreements and conduct contract negotiations as necessary
- B. S. degree in Computer Science or Technology or related field, advanced and/or supplemental education desired, including CISSP
- Significant experience managing a technology function in a financial institution or financial technology firm, including people operations skills in recruiting, building, and managing a team
- Deep direct operational skills in information technology and information security systems. Specific experience working with GSuite, Google Cloud, and Fiserv Cleartouch would be helpful, but not required.
- Demonstrated record of delivering multiple parallel strategic and operational technology initiatives simultaneously, from concept through design, testing and implementation
- Strong knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements for financial institutions, particularly relating to implementation of information technology, disaster recovery, and information security programs under Gramm Leach Bliley (GLBA) and experience communicating with and managing regulatory relationships
- Experience managing third party vendor relationships, including knowledge of best practices for contract negotiation and ongoing performance evaluation
As a family-run company, we offer an excellent benefits package. Hingham is one of the most profitable banks in the country and our profit-sharing program offers all employees the opportunity to participate in this success.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental)
- Retirement Plan (401k - 6% match)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources (Gym Membership)