We are the people behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, and WooCommerce. We're looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to come join us on the MarTech (Marketing Technology) team for WordPress.com.
The MarTech team makes growth, and the analysis of growth, more effective and more efficient. We use tools and technology to encourage ideas, tackle complex problems through team initiatives across all of Automattic, and most importantly, drive growth of the business through rapid experimentation.
- Make our Marketing data available: you’ll work to connect data sources, design database models, and build ETL pipelines via Airflow.
- Work together with teams inside and outside Marketing to define clear metrics and meaningful tracking to drive the growth of our business.
- Work with other MarTech engineers to own data ingestion for marketing analytics, including, but not limited to, page views tracking, event tracking, conversion tracking, paid media conversions, affiliate referrals, and peer referrals.
- Make our Marketing data impactful: you’ll develop powerful Looker models to build smart dashboards that help our product and business teams succeed.
- Perform ad hoc analyses to better understand customer journey patterns, behavior, and product usage.
- Always be raising data quality. That includes auditing sources, documenting issues, driving resolutions together with other teams, and implementing well-documented, performant, and tested transformations.
- You have experience with digital analytics, marketing attribution, marketing operations, and incrementality testing. Experience in Google Analytics, Amplitude, Google Tag Manager, Segment, or other analytics or customer data platform.
- You're experienced in SQL, used to window functions and CTEs.
- You are a proficient user of a business intelligence platform; we use Looker, but other platforms and an ability to learn can go a long way.
- You're familiar with digital marketing measurement methods, concepts, and technologies across digital channels (Display, Search, Social, etc)
- You've used development tools (e.g., GitHub, Trello), you know how to break big problems down into smaller pieces and thrive on moving items to the Done column at a healthy pace
- You love to experiment and tackle problems. You’re product-minded, diligent, data and growth-focused, and happy to question assumptions and back your recommendations with data-informed analysis.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem before (we use Impala, Hive, and Spark).
- Familiarity with Scala, or Python.
- Experience building or supporting sites powered by WordPress.
- Experience with a data flow scheduling system like Airflow.
How to Apply
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. Let us know what you can contribute to the team.
Please include an answer to the following questios in your cover letter:
- Tell us about the time when you had to provide analysis and metrics for a given project and you were still new to the team, the data and/or tools provided. What actions did you take to provide this information and what recommendations did you make and what were the results of these recommendations?