RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
RStudio is seeking a Software Engineer focused on infrastructure to join the Platform Team. The team works together on common engineering services, cloud deployments, and developer team productivity.
What you will do:
Drive technical decisions for the team's infrastructure projects. The projects include marketplace images (for AWS, Azure, and GCP), Dockerfiles, Helm charts, and supporting infrastructure for projects. You will receive help from many people on this, but we want you to lead what we do here.
Participate in the full lifecycle of the projects from grooming through support. The platform team works together to ensure we deliver and maintain high-quality software. In addition to the infrastructure projects, there will be opportunities to learn and work on projects written in Go and C++.
Teach infrastructure best practices. It could be something learned last week or years ago. It could be on how to write Pulumi better or how to debug containers better. We are a team that keeps improving, and we want to learn from you.
Learn from other teams. We work a lot with other teams and can act as a connective glue between teams. To be effective, you will need to learn from these other teams, especially the site reliability engineering team. This will include learning about the RStudio products and what is most needed for the projects we support.
- 4+ years of experience building, shipping, and maintaining software in production. Significantly more experience is also welcome.
- Experience in a production environment with infrastructure as code (Pulumi, Terraform, Cloudformation, or similar) and a major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
- Programming experience in a professional environment using a high-level language (Python, Go, Ruby, Node.js, or similar).
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique, sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open-source software. We are profitable, and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come into one of our offices in Seattle or Boston). We've always been a remote-first company.
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered!)
- 401k matching
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- A profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy.
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.