When was the last time you were pleasantly surprised by an insurance company? We bet the answer is never — and we’ve built Feather to change that.
We're changing the industry and need a junior full-stack engineer to help us develop new software to automate our processes. We already have a great team of seniors who will also support you with this important task!
Why apply to Feather?
- You'll be surrounded by great mentors. We've hired enough senior roles that we're confident any junior will have the support they need to grow 🌱
- You'll have the freedom to experiment. We do hack days / hack weeks where you can experiment with new technologies and new ways of working. Our design system (dirtyswan.design) actually came out of a hack day.
- You'll help us contribute to open source. We're a big believer in building in the open. We love the way GitLab, Artsy, Sentry etc. contribute to open source, and we're following that path too!
What will you be doing?
You'll be responsible for developing and maintaining internal tools at Feather. Primarily, the admin panel. In this role, you'll be doing the following:
- Maintain and develop the admin panel - It's currently a create-react-app written in TypeScript with Tailwind CSS. The backend is served through GraphQL.
- Connect with stakeholders and iterate with them - This might be the most overlooked part of any Software Engineering job. At Feather, everyone cares about the end-user and you should, too. Part of your job will be to gather user feedback and concerns for the admin panel and develop the tool they need.
What will the interview process look like?
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Apply now!
- Initial phone call - We'll have a chat over Google Meet and ask you a few technical questions.
- Take-home task - We'll give you a case study to work on - alternatively if you've already done a relevant ask with another company, you can skip this part.
- Reviewing the take-home task - We ask you technical questions on your assignment and do a bit of pair programming together.
- Chat with the founder - You'll be speaking to one of our founders (either Rob or Vincent).
- Offer 🎉
- At Feather, we are huge advocates for diversity and inclusion. From LGBTQ+ events to open discussions about eliminating bias, we highly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.