Use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have. Join the HeyVolution!
We use machine-learning based matching technology to match people to the right jobs and jobs to the right people. With more than 2500 customers and over 170 team members, our vision is to become the largest talent platform in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent job search a thing of the past.
🌱 Our offer to you
- An impactful role: You will be the center point of all things legal at HeyJobs including but not limited to civil law, data privacy (GDPR), employment law and corporate governance. In addition, negotiations with suppliers and customers may be shaped by your proposals. Your thinking will shape how HeyJobs conducts its mission to transform the way people and jobs find one another.
- Reporting to the CFO, you are close to all key company decisions and a sparring partner to founders, senior management and the company as a whole.
- A welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture.
🎯 How you can contribute
- You will be in charge of handling legal related matters throughout all areas of law
- You will ensure compliance with all applicable German laws and regulations through the development and implementation of compliance processes and programs
- You will impact our corporate governance through shareholder resolutions and financing rounds
- You will be the point person to work with external counsel in the fields of corporate law, employment law, data privacy law and civil law
- Stakeholder management
😍 What you will love
- Be part of a high-growth startup with a proven track record and direct positive impact on society Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), LGBTQIA+ champion
- Secure Job: 2’500+ customers, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: 100% home office in the current situation, with the possibility of booking workplaces in the office; flexible working hours
- Perks & Benefits: weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, urban sports membership, employee stock options, a 1-month paid sabbatical (after 3 years) and much more
- Great Office: Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets close by High-quality equipment: Standing desk, MacBook of choice, Air-conditioned rooms, etc.
🤝 What you need to bring
- Strong academic qualifications in German law (minimum first German state exam or a comparable European qualification)
- 2+ years of work experience (internships/referendariat count towards this) in a law firm and/or legal department of a high growth tech company
- Knowledge in dealing with data privacy, commercial, employment, and corporate law
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced professional environment
- A structured, results-oriented, and self-driven way of approaching tasks
- Excellent legal and practical judgment, with an ability to roll up sleeves and go deep on solving individual cases
- Exceptional communication and legal written skills, and the ability to collaborate on interdepartmental issues Fluent in German and English
- Experience in dealing with multiple jurisdictions in Europe is a plus
- Experience in dealing with data privacy / GDPR is a plus