’s Chief Operating Officer and co-founder. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions: fact-based, faster and bias-free.
We’re accelerating the development of our product to serve the growing demand from our customers. That’s why we’re looking for a Product Owner to join our great team.
Do you have limited experience as a product owner, but keen to join a SaaS company? For this role we value raw talent more than experience, so don’t hesitate to apply!
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing, VC-backed HR tech startup
- €30-40k incl. bonus
- Stock options
- Your hours are flexible, and so is your vacation
- You can work wherever you want – We work remotely!
The role in context
As a Product Owner, you manage the delivery of our product roadmap. You work directly with the founders and our UX/UI designer to translate our collective product vision into requirements for our engineering teams. You prioritize the backlog based on customer feedback and make sure all user stories are well documented before our scrum teams include them in the next sprint. You provide feedback to the scrum teams when they demonstrate the features they built, and answer their questions as they arise.
Your ultimate goal is to give our customers and their candidates a great user experience by advancing our product (in terms of features, integrations, and non-functional requirements).
Your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
You’ll spend time on the following
- Specify functional and non-functional requirements in epics and user stories
- Break down epics into user stories using the 80/20 principle: 80% of the value will come from 20% of the effort
- Keep the product backlog up to date and prioritized based on customer value and engineering efficiency
- Make sure that the user stories of the upcoming sprints are ‘ready’ for development (incl. the ‘why’, designs, copy, business rules, acceptance criteria) and make sure that the input of all stakeholders is reflected
- Talk to your colleagues from Customer Success and Sales to stay close to the ‘voice of the customer’ and make suggestions for product developments on that basis
- Providing direction to the scrum teams throughout the development of features and feedback during demos
- Align with our Quality Assurance engineer on user test cases to ensure that features have their intended impact in the market
- Maintain the product release planning and set expectations for the delivery of new functionalities
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices
- Work in a collaborative, talented distributed team across Europe, United States, South America, and Asia.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Top-notch stakeholder management skills, including the ability to influence colleagues in scrum teams
- Comfort working with agile frameworks like Scrum or Kanban
- Attention to details
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- A self-starter who takes accountability for getting things done
- Comfortable working in a fully remote scale-up
- Bonus points if you have experience as a Product Owner in a SaaS startup
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment
so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.