is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the world's best remote company
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C
in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States or Canada.
What You'll Do
As a Manager of Customer Success, you will lead a fast growing team of Customer Success Managers focused on empowering our customers to achieve their business goals. You will be responsible for mentoring the team and developing the Customer Success program in collaboration with the Director of Account Management, defining best practices, processes, and analytics to impact client activation, adoption, growth, and retention. Working closely with the team and cross functional partners to understand client interactions and the products, you will help define the customer journey and look to continuously develop ways to impact the customer experience, whether through team enablement, process and content development, outreach strategies, etc.
We are looking for individuals with a record of building and leading collaborative, problem solving teams, committed to delivering a high quality client experience. This role will report to the Director of Account Management and collaborate with peers in Sales, Support, Product, and Engineering, to amplify the customer's voice and ensure customer success. Your experience will help deliver thoughtful and impactful customer experiences and inform programmatic customer engagement approaches that can be delivered at scale.
- Recruit, onboard, coach, and measure a team of Customer Success Managers, ensuring individual and team development and quality customer interactions.
- Assist and advise Customer Success Managers in client communications.
- Set and measure team OKRs, individual KPIs, and related projects. Drive team and individual accountability through success metrics.
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement on onboarding and continuous training paths.
- Create, evaluate, and update processes in order to assist with team efficiencies and to gather qualitative and quantitive insights into the customer experience.
- Uplevel and deliver feedback to cross functional partners in order to help inform team development, content development, roadmap planning, and enablement paths.
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years managing a Customer Success or closely related client facing team, with a preference for prior SaaS or ecommerce experience and a track record of navigating in a high growth environment.
- Passion for mentorship and coaching. The ability to understand and foster individual and team growth.
- Experience with a variety of client engagement models and developing customer outreach strategies and processes.
- Time and work management skills to prioritize individual and team responsibilities alongside program development and drive results.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build effective and collaborative relationships.
- Experience working with cross functional teams to develop health indicators and data-driven customer assessment strategies and insights.
- Customer focused approach and client facing experience, with a passion for solving customer problems, big and small.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.