Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
You will join a growing mission-driven Product Design team with a strong dedication to our customers by ensuring that the design and experience of our products are seamless, meaningful, and valuable. Each Product Designer will collaborate on a product team consisting of a Product Manager and up to 6-8 engineers, while also working with other cross-functional groups. Together, you will own a part of Red Canary, ship solutions to complex problems, and capture feedback from interacting directly with customers.
What You'll Do
- Lead and work through design problems from beginning to end; translating insights from research and analytics into concepts that form ground-breaking new products and features, and designing the detailed workflows, prototypes, and interactions required to make them a reality.
- Collaborate with designers across the organization to raise the bar of quality and continuously improve Red Canary’s design processes, principles, systems, and tooling.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability, and design the fine-grained details of components, interactions, visual design, and transitions.
- Perform research to test your work, iterate on it, and validate the final result.
- Partner with product managers to inform, define, and evolve product roadmaps.
- Work closely and collaborate with engineers as we build, iterate on, and ship ideas.
What You'll Bring
- A strong voice for our users and their needs through research, empathy, and understanding.
- 3-5 years of experience crafting digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship customer-centric products that tackle real problems.
- 3-5 years of experience with the entire product development process; from problem solving and system modeling, to detailed interface, to prototypes, to interaction design, visual, and service design.
- Experience with design systems, responsive design, and accessibility.
- Experience with design thinking methodologies, activities, and facilitation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals and navigate complex nuances of design problems.
- An ambitious spirit and ability to deeply collaborate cross-functionally including product management, engineering, research, and analytics.
Targeted base salary range: $120,000 - $140,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
*We are currently hiring 3 designers as we're building out our Product teams!*
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.